Dark Reading is part of the Informa Tech Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them.Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Comments
Ticketmaster UK Warns Thousands of Data Breach
Newest First  |  Oldest First  |  Threaded View
Dr.T
50%
50%
Dr.T,
User Rank: Ninja
6/29/2018 | 3:00:03 PM
Re: Less than 40,000 of its reported 230 million global customers were compromised in the incident
what made this approx 2% acquiring by the unknown malicious actors while the other 98% remained safe? That is a good question, what some percentages to start with. It maybe that there migh not have been enough times to download all the data, so people at the top of record set were the lucky ones. Just a guess.
Dr.T
50%
50%
Dr.T,
User Rank: Ninja
6/29/2018 | 2:57:50 PM
Re: Fraud Activity
The advice to change cards is a good first step That is true, better change it periodically than wait for a breach I would say.
Dr.T
50%
50%
Dr.T,
User Rank: Ninja
6/29/2018 | 2:56:36 PM
Re: Fraud Activity
When a breach is confirmed it should be mandated that the data custodian be responsible for providing fraud insurance/services to the individual. That may help, I prefer not to have the problem in the first place. I am fan of any insurance it comes back and hurt the public.
Dr.T
50%
50%
Dr.T,
User Rank: Ninja
6/29/2018 | 2:54:15 PM
Re: "under fire for not disclosing the breach sooner"
don't see a problem with publically declaring a breach until you are confident you have all of the details in order. Makes sense, unless they have all the information better not to speculate otherwise more harm than help.
Dr.T
50%
50%
Dr.T,
User Rank: Ninja
6/29/2018 | 2:52:58 PM
GDPR
Ticketmaster UK has notified tens of thousands of customers that they might be at risk for identity theft and credit card fraud due to a data breach, I wonder what is going to happen under the guidance of GDPR now, it will most likely fall under that regulation.
RyanSepe
50%
50%
RyanSepe,
User Rank: Ninja
6/29/2018 | 2:15:52 PM
Less than 40,000 of its reported 230 million global customers were compromised in the incident
1.7% compromise. My question would be is this the full extent of the data lost or will more be disclosed in the future? To that end, what made this approx 2% acquiring by the unknown malicious actors while the other 98% remained safe?
RyanSepe
50%
50%
RyanSepe,
User Rank: Ninja
6/29/2018 | 2:12:46 PM
Fraud Activity
When a breach is confirmed it should be mandated that the data custodian be responsible for providing fraud insurance/services to the individual. The advice to change cards is a good first step but it doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies that the rest of the >40K individuals are going to heed these actions early.
RyanSepe
50%
50%
RyanSepe,
User Rank: Ninja
6/29/2018 | 2:10:38 PM
"under fire for not disclosing the breach sooner"
I think its negligent not to work with the >40K individuals to ensure that their finances aren't at further risk, but I don't see a problem with publically declaring a breach until you are confident you have all of the details in order.


Edge-DRsplash-10-edge-articles
I Smell a RAT! New Cybersecurity Threats for the Crypto Industry
David Trepp, Partner, IT Assurance with accounting and advisory firm BPM LLP,  7/9/2021
News
Attacks on Kaseya Servers Led to Ransomware in Less Than 2 Hours
Robert Lemos, Contributing Writer,  7/7/2021
Commentary
It's in the Game (but It Shouldn't Be)
Tal Memran, Cybersecurity Expert, CYE,  7/9/2021
Register for Dark Reading Newsletters
White Papers
Video
Cartoon
Current Issue
Enterprise Cybersecurity Plans in a Post-Pandemic World
Download the Enterprise Cybersecurity Plans in a Post-Pandemic World report to understand how security leaders are maintaining pace with pandemic-related challenges, and where there is room for improvement.
Flash Poll
Twitter Feed
Dark Reading - Bug Report
Bug Report
Enterprise Vulnerabilities
From DHS/US-CERT's National Vulnerability Database
CVE-2021-24613
PUBLISHED: 2021-09-20
The Post Views Counter WordPress plugin before 1.3.5 does not sanitise or escape its Post Views Label settings, which could allow high privilege users to perform Cross-Site Scripting attacks in the frontend even when the unfiltered_html capability is disallowed
CVE-2021-24618
PUBLISHED: 2021-09-20
The Donate With QRCode WordPress plugin before 1.4.5 does not sanitise or escape its QRCode Image setting, which result into a Stored Cross-Site Scripting (XSS). Furthermore, the plugin also does not have any CSRF and capability checks in place when saving such setting, allowing any authenticated us...
CVE-2021-24635
PUBLISHED: 2021-09-20
The Visual Link Preview WordPress plugin before 2.2.3 does not enforce authorisation on several AJAX actions and has the CSRF nonce displayed for all authenticated users, allowing any authenticated user (such as subscriber) to call them and 1) Get and search through title and content of Draft post, ...
CVE-2021-24636
PUBLISHED: 2021-09-20
The Print My Blog WordPress Plugin before 3.4.2 does not enforce nonce (CSRF) checks, which allows attackers to make logged in administrators deactivate the Print My Blog plugin and delete all saved data for that plugin by tricking them to open a malicious link
CVE-2021-24637
PUBLISHED: 2021-09-20
The Google Fonts Typography WordPress plugin before 3.0.3 does not escape and sanitise some of its block settings, allowing users with as role as low as Contributor to perform Stored Cross-Site Scripting attacks via blockType (combined with content), align, color, variant and fontID argument of a Gu...