RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE:EMC), today launched the RSA Via™ family of Smart Identity solutions, engineered to combine authentication, identity and access management, and identity governance silos into one unified solution that allows dynamic, end-to-end identity management across diverse systems and users. Traditional identity management systems have failed to keep pace with how business operates today. They struggle to manage the rapid and unpredictable movement of users as well as the diversity of new mobile and cloud applications that businesses need. The RSA Via portfolio of solutions is built for the dynamic IT environments of today and the need for identity management to be tightly aligned with business priorities and needs.
The newest offering under the RSA Via family is RSA Via Access, a SaaS-based solution that is designed to allow users to more easily and securely authenticate themselves by taking advantage of multiple convenient authentication methods resident within their into mobile devices. Unlike traditional authentication methods, RSA Via Access is built to rely on intelligent context rather than just static rules to provide a more seamless and agile method of access. With a hybrid-cloud approach, RSA Via Access also helps allow organizations to maintain control of the privacy and security of identities, combating one of the main hurdles to cloud adoption.Say “Yes” to the Business
Organizations must deliver rapid, seamless access to systems and data so employees can be productive, yet at the same time IT must protect corporate information assets and prove compliance. RSA Via removes friction between business and IT by automating identity management processes, placing them in the hands of the business managers themselves, and enabling a simple user experience for authentication, single sign-on, access review, and access request. This facilitates increased business agility and employee productivity, without compromising security.
The RSA Via solution also takes a business-driven approach to provisioning. It is designed to allow organizations to centrally create access policies and automate access processes, helping to ensure that they meet business, compliance, and efficiency demands.
It’s common knowledge that the majority of data breaches involve the exploitation of weak or stolen passwords. The ever-increasing diversity of places where identities and passwords are being used to access a corporate network – through the cloud, mobile devices, Wi-Fi, remote locations – burdens users and further complicates security. RSA Via technology is engineered to offer integrated, end-to-end identity management across all systems and users.
As designed, users can easily and securely access data and applications through a range of step-up authentication methods, delivering a familiar user experience across iOS and Android™ devices through the RSA Via mobile application. Organizations can flexibly mix and match convenient mobile-optimized authentication options to harden authentication security and protect against attacks.Help Achieve Compliance without Chaos
Faced with increased pressure to comply with laws, regulations, and corporate security policies, organizations must respond with effective access controls to help protect corporate information and assets – including privacy-related data such as customer information. RSA Via is designed to integrate traditionally siloed identity management systems to create a single, centralized place for all identity information. Organizations are provided with rich context across all resources, users, and attributes, facilitating compliance confidence as well as access-related business processes.
- RSA Via Access – enables enterprises to regain business agility with secure and convenient access beyond passwords. Contextual, strong, step-up authentication through a smart mobile device is embedded seamlessly with SSO, to validate who is who. Users can quickly and efficiently access all of their resources in one place, minimizing the need to circumvent IT guidance, and reducing the pockets of “Shadow IT.” Users appreciate the unobtrusive nature of the authentication methods, and the business can rest easy knowing resources are strongly protected.
- RSA Via Governance - simplifies the task of governing user access across the enterprise. It helps enable companies to achieve sustainable compliance by automating the monitoring, reporting, certification and remediation of user entitlements. RSA Via Governance, built on the RSA® Identity Management and Governance platform acquired from Aveksa, provides enterprise-wide visibility into user access privileges, automates user access reviews, and highlights orphan user accounts and inappropriate user access.
- RSA Via Lifecycle - simplifies and automates how access is requested, approved and delivered. It combines a business-friendly interface for access request and approval, with an innovative approach to automated provisioning across all target systems. RSA Via Lifecycle, built on the RSA Identity Management and Governance platform acquired from Aveksa, provides an easy-to-use service for requesting and approving access, and for rapidly executing user access changes without manual effort across key applications on-premise or in SaaS environments.
Jim Ducharme, Vice President of Engineering and Product Management, RSA
“Traditionally, IAM systems are failures from the start as they use static rules to manage what is a tremendously dynamic environment, ultimately leaving businesses at risk. Whether an employee leaves an organization, there’s a new hire, or someone shifts roles within a company, IT must change what that person can access and it must be seamless to the user. RSA Via technology is built for a world of constant change and able to make informed decisions as the business evolves. Encompassing both the convenience and ease business managers and employees demand with the security IT requires, RSA Via is engineered to offer the best of both worlds when it comes to identity management.”
Garrett Bekker, Senior Analyst, 451 Research
“Cybercriminals typically look for the weakest link to gain access to corporate networks and steal sensitive corporate data, and frequently that involves targeting weak or easy-to guess user credentials such as passwords. Most employees typically have multiple passwords and strong authentication form factors that are often scattered across a variety of devices and systems. By tying a user’s credentials together in a single platform, enterprises can provide a more unified means of managing user identities and reduce their overall risk exposure.”
For RSA SecurID customers, the new release of RSA Via Access opens up new opportunities to extend security since the two platforms are interoperable through service engagements. The same RSA SecurID tokens designed to be used to protect an organization’s VPN and other enterprise apps can be used with the RSA Via Access service to protect access to cloud and mobile environments. Additional RSA solutions included under the RSA Via portfolio include: RSA Adaptive Authentication and RSA SecurID. RSA Via Lifecycle and RSA Via Governance are currently available, and RSA Via Access will be available June 2015.
- Watch Amit Yoran introduce RSA Via, the new brand and portfolio of all Identity products, in this video
- Download infographics to see how RSA Via can help solve your business challenges
- Watch this video of Grant Geyer to learn about the new features of Via Access
- Connect with RSA via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and the RSA Speaking of Security Blog and Podcast
RSA’s Intelligence Driven Security solutions help organizations reduce the risks of operating in a digital world. Through visibility, analysis, and action, RSA solutions give customers the ability to detect, investigate and respond to advanced threats; confirm and manage identities; and ultimately, help prevent IP theft, fraud and cybercrime. For more information on RSA, please visit www.rsa.com.
RSA, Via, SecurID and EMC are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Alison Raymond Walsh
RSA, The Security Division of EMC