With wearable devices, smart building components and other embedded devices exploding into the enterprise network, the Internet of Things (IoT) is a hot-button topic for many security folks. The hockey stick growth of IoT devices and sensors will require teams to adjust their strategies and Gartner predicts that by 2020, IoT security will make up 20 percent of annual security budgets. Here are a few statistics about the risks posed by IoT growth.
IoT Security By The Numbers
Some recent stats on adoption rates and perceptions about risks surrounding the Internet of Things.
- Cybersecurity Forecast 2022: Snowpocalypse or cloudy with a chance of rain?
- Protecting Enterprise Data from Malicious Insiders
- Beyond Patch Management: Next-Generation Approaches to Finding and Fixing Vulnerable Code
- Creating an Encryption Strategy for Your Enterprise
- Getting SASE: What Every Enterprise Should Know