OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill., and ZURICH, Switzerland -- VASCO Data Security International, Inc. (Nasdaq: VDSI) ( www.vasco.com), today reported its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2007.
Revenues for the first quarter of 2007 increased 93% to $26.4 million from $13.7 million in the first quarter of 2006. Net income for the first quarter 2007 increased 324% to $5.0 million, or $0.13 per diluted share, from $1.2 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, in the first quarter of 2006.
- Gross profit was $17.5 million or 66% of revenue for the first quarter of 2007 and compares to gross profit of $9.5 million or 69% of revenue in the first quarter of 2006.
- Operating expenses for the first quarter of 2007 were $10.7 million, an increase of $4.1 million or 63% from $6.6 million reported for the first quarter 2006. Operating expenses in 2007 and 2006 included $0.4 million and $0.3 million, respectively, related to stock based incentives.
- Operating income for the first quarter was $6.9 million, an increase of $4.0 million or 137% from $2.9 million reported for the first quarter of 2006. Operating income as a percentage of revenue for the first quarter of 2007 was 26% compared to 21% for the first quarter of 2006.
- Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization was $7.6 million for the first quarter of 2007, an increase of 231% from $2.3 million reported for the first quarter of 2006.
- Net cash balances, total cash and cash equivalents less bank borrowings, at March 31, 2007 totaled $16.8 million compared to $12.6 million at December 31, 2006. Operational and Other Highlights:
- A total of 619 new accounts sold in the first quarter 2007, including 94 banks and 525 Enterprise Security customers. In the first quarter of 2006, 341 new accounts were sold, including 34 banks and 307 Enterprise Security customers.
- AIB (Ireland) to use VASCOs Alphanumeric Digipass 550 and VACMAN Controller
- KBC (Belgium) offers secure retail e-banking and e-commerce with Digipass 810
- Discount Bank (Uruguay) secures its private banking customers with Digipass GO3 and VACMAN Controller
- Reliance Money (India) to use Digipass GO3 and VACMAN Controller
- Huntington Bank (U.S.A.) secures online corporate business with Digipass GO3 and VACMAN Controller
- VASCO establishes European Headquarters in Zürich (Switzerland)
- VASCO launches aXs GUARD authentication appliance and adds SSL-VPN service
- VASCO launches refined Digipass Pack strategy for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Guidance for full-year 2007:
VASCO reaffirmed the full-year 2007 guidance provided on February 20, 2007, which included:
- Revenue growth of 35% to 45% for the full-year 2007 over full-year 2006,
- Gross margins as a percentage of revenue of 60% to 68% for the full-year 2007, and
- Operating margins as a percentage of revenue of 18% to 25%.
Vasco Data Security International Inc.