SANTA CLARA, Calif. Oct. 14, 2014 Rapid bandwidth expansion of network infrastructure, combined with significant innovations in hardware technology capabilities, have enabled ever more powerful server processing performance and more invasive Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) attack tactics and methods. NSFOCUS, Inc. today announced the launch of the ADS 8000 series, an active DDoS attack mitigation appliance that defends against both known and unknown attacks and is specifically designed for hosting service providers, Internet data centers (IDCs), telecom carriers, and managed security service providers (MSSPs).
Expanding threat vectors:
- Volumetric, amplification and application layer attacks: DDoS attack tactics and tools have become more instrumental and diversified while multi-vector attacks have recently emerged. DNS and NTP amplification attacks pose grave threats to Internet commerce, while application-layer attacks are one of the leading causes of modern security threats and continue to grow exponentially.
- High-value targets: IDCs, hosting service providers and MSSPs provide pools of opportunity for these attacks, given the massive websites and other diversified applications that they host, such as online gaming and e-commerce. An emerging strategy is to incorporate DDoS appliances into the network, not only to protect brand reputation but also to provide end users with a security-as-a-service product that can be added to existing go-to-market strategies, increasing business benefits and ROI.
ADS 8000 Series key benefits include:
- Best-in-class protection performance: Supports up to 40Gbps of mitigation capacity with a single unit and provides hundreds of Gbps of larger scalable mitigation capacity via simple cluster deployment.
- Precise mitigation and up-to-the-minute protection: Optimizes DDoS behavior statistics, reputation mechanisms and mitigation algorithms targeted at new botnet-based DDoS attacks, providing a more granular and precise DDoS mitigation. Continuous software upgrades defend against newly discovered threats and provide integrated protection for both software and hardware. Coupled with the support of NSFOCUS¹s 24/7 rapid-response security teams, providers are able to deliver continuous service availability to end-users.
- Ease of management: Single-pane-of-glass, centralized management
device console enhances the mitigation scalability for either a single cluster at a single point or multi-clusters deployed cross-regionally around the world. The anti-DDoS solution automatically adjusts defense levels and alert policies to match the variations and business characteristics of individual companies and their security operations teams, saving time and money.
Yonggang Han, chief operating officer of global business, NSFOCUS, said: ³In selecting an IDC or MSSP, a customer¹s primary concerns are about security, data protection and uninterrupted service. Customers demand that illegal access be blocked and that there be no interruption of legitimate traffic to their sites. NSFOCUS¹s optimized hardware and software designs apply the behavioral statistics and reputation mechanisms to defense against more sophisticated DDoS attacks, enabling a secure ecosystem for hosting providers, IDCs and MSSPs.²