ROCKLAND, Mass. -- Syngress Publishing, Inc., today announced the publication of "Configuring SonicWALL Firewalls" (ISBN: 1597490601), written by Chris Lathem, Benjamin Fortenberry, and technically edited by Brad Dinerman.
"Configuring SonicWALL Firewalls" is the first book to deliver an in-depth look at the SonicWALL firewall product line. It covers all the aspects of the SonicWALL product line from the SOHO devices to the Enterprise SonicWALL firewalls. Also covered are advanced troubleshooting techniques and the SonicWALL Security Manager. This book offers novice users a complete opportunity to learn the SonicWALL firewall appliance. Advanced users will consider it a rich technical resource.
PRICE: $49.95 U.S.
PAGE COUNT: 608 PP
Inside the book coverage:
- Look at the SonicWALL Line of Products Determine which products are best suited for your security needs.
- Manage and Configure a SonicWALL Firewall Learn the two methods to manage a SonicWALL appliance, the Web interface and the serial console, and review the SonicWALL Global Management System.
- Review SonicWall Object Classes Learn the features that allow administrators complete control over traffic enforcement.
- Configure RIP SonicWALL firewalls support both RIPv1 and RIPv2 for routing.
- Sculpt a Secure Environment with NAT See how the SonicOS software lets you perform IP address translations, IP or port translations, and a combination of both at the same time.
- Review the SonicOS Security Features Learn the security features included in SonicWALL appliances: Intrusion Prevention Service, Antivirus Solutions, Content Filtering Service, and Anti-Spyware Service.
- Create VPNs with SonicWALLs See how SonicWALL provides administrators with an easy-to-configure industry-standard implementation of IPSec VPN.
- Use SonicWALL Logs Use logs to monitor potential security threats, system maintenance notices, system errors, VPN tunnel statistics, and VPN errors.
- See the Reporting and Management Solutions of SonicWALL Learn how to use SonicWALL Global Management System (SGMS), an enterprise management and reporting solution capable of managing thousands of appliances.
Chris Lathem (CSSA, Network+) is currently working as a Network Engineer for Consultrix Technologies. Consultrix, based in Ridgeland, MS, specializes in network management and security services, structured cabling, and application development. Prior to joining Consultrix, Chris was a Security/Network Engineer for NSight Technologies, now based in Tampa, FL. While at Nsight, Chris specialized in the support and configuration of firewall appliances from multiple vendors, as well as network design and architecture. While working for NSight, Chris gained extensive knowledge of SonicWALL firewall appliances, and achieved certification as a Certified SonicWALL Security Administrator. It was during his tenure at Nsight Chris first worked with Syngress Publishing, when he worked as a contributing author to the book "Configuring NetScreen Firewalls."
Benjamin Fortenberry (CISSP, CSSA, CCSE-4x) is Manager of Security Services with Consultrix Technologies, of Jackson, MS. His responsibilities include development, design, implementation, and senior level support for all security services provided to Consultrix clients. Benjamin has been involved with the installation, configuration, and ongoing support of 200-plus SonicWALL appliances for clients, ranging in size from five to several thousand users. His specialties include SonicWALL security appliances, LAN/WAN switching, penetration testing, security consulting services, and incident response services. Benjamin has also developed and presented numerous seminars and training classes related to network security.
SonicWall Inc. (Nasdaq: SNWL)