SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Secure Computing Corporation (Nasdaq: SCUR), a leading enterprise gateway security company, today announced the immediate availability of SafeWord® 2008, a new version of the companys award-winning two-factor authentication solution. SafeWords easy-to-use tokens provide highly secure yet cost effective two-factor authentication, protecting access to critical information assets and applications through Citrix applications, VPNs, Web applications and Outlook Web Access. SafeWord 2008 is designed for the latest 64-bit Windows environments, including Vista and Windows 2008 Server, with seamless integration to Microsoft Active Directory.
SafeWord 2008 provides best-of-breed security and ease-of use simultaneously. The new SafeWord:
- Is an easy-to-install and easy-to-use solution that helps lower the cost of implementing and deploying token-based two-factor authentication.
- Provides a positive proof of identity before enabling access to an ever-increasingly available network.
- Is a complete solution that includes license, tokens, and first year of support, making it the most attractive two-factor authentication offering for channel partners to sell to their valued customer base along with other products and services.
SafeWord 2008 offers Enterprise Solution Pack, an add-on module that includes the SecureWire Access Gateway and other applications to improve productivity, security, and compliance.
- The Enterprise Solution Pack is an add-on package that includes the SecureWireTM Access Gateway a zero-footprint SSL VPN that enables companies to make applications, data, and network connectivity available to employees, contractors, business partners, and customers.
- The package also gives customers the option of implementing MobilePass to turn users mobile devices into a two-factor authenticator.
Weve been upgrading our Microsoft Windows infrastructure, so we see Secure Computing's SafeWord 2008 as the right authentication product at the right time, said Pascal Raemy, senior consultant at Asecus. The installation and upgrade were very smooth and have shown us greater benefit from investment in Active Directory, as well as increased security for Terminal Services and other critical Microsoft apps and tools. SafeWord continues to earn high marks for integration, interoperability and ease of use.
Secure Computing Corp. (Nasdaq: SCUR)