SEATTLE -- F5 Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: FFIV), the global leader in Application Delivery Networking, today announced that its award-winning FirePassR SSL VPN Controller now delivers enhanced, application ready remote access, with support for an extensive range of mobile devices and operating systems (OS), as well as improved web application and portal access capabilities.
"Broad mobile device support helps companies increase the productivity of mobile workforces," said Michael Suby, Research Program Director at Stratecast (a Division of Frost & Sullivan). "Increased compatibility with next generation, feature-rich applications and web portals enables SSL VPN devices like FirePass to lower deployment costs and provide secure access to web applications and portals from both managed and unmanaged client devices."
Highlights of the New FirePass Release
Mobile Device Support - This new, robust version of FirePass supports secure remote access from a wide range of devices including:
- AppleR iPhone - Web application and email access using a standard iPhone web browser
- Windows MobileR 5.0 and Windows Mobile 6.0 PocketPC and SmartPhones - Full SSL VPN tunnel network access support to any IP-based application, as well as web application and email access
Client OS Compatibility - FirePass now operates seamlessly with:
- Intel-powered Mac computers - Native network access support
- Windows XP and Windows VistaR 64-bit support
- Protected Workspace feature support for Windows Vista 32-bit client OS
Application Ready Access - FirePass' enhanced new reverse proxy engine offers improved interoperability with web portals and applications from industry leaders such as Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP. Applications and portals supported include:
- iNotes 7.0
- MicrosoftR Office OutlookR Web Access 2007
- Microsoft Office SharePointR Server 2007
- OracleR Portal 3.1
- PeopleSoft HR Portal 8.1
- SAPR ERP 2005
- Citrix Session Reliability support in Terminal Services, Static AppTunnels, and Portal access modes
- Support for customizing screen resolution and terminal service client window size for ICA (Citrix), RDP (Windows Terminal Services), and VNC clients
"FirePass continues to allow enterprises to simplify application delivery as a remote access solution that provides policy-based management for a diverse array of user groups," said Ameet Dhillon, Director of Product Management at F5. "These new application-intelligent features and capabilities give organizations true access flexibility and specificity to realize powerful performance gains and swift ROI."
F5 Networks Inc. (Nasdaq: FFIV)