LONDON -- ArcSight, Inc., a leader in enterprise security and compliance management solutions, today announced an expanded ArcSight Log Management Suite that provides an easy entry point for channel sales to deliver log management capabilities across their customer bases. The ArcSight Log Management Suite can now scale from the small business to the largest of enterprises with a family of stackable appliances suited to each companys requirements with high-end processing rates of up to 100,000 events per second (EPS) per appliance.
The ArcSight Log Management Suite offers a cost effective distributed collection and centralised storage architecture that scales linearly and delivers a higher price/performance log management solution to lower compliance, security and IT operational costs. The ArcSight Log Management Suite delivers universal out-of-the-box support for log collection from over 180 commercial event-generating sources and any custom or legacy database or application, to increase visibility across the enterprise infrastructure and to improve overall security posture. A powerful log analysis and alerting engine and personalised role-based analysis portal greatly simplifies forensic analysis, compliance audits and organisational reporting, while eliminating inefficient, error-prone manual procedures.
Regulatory mandates and industry standards such as Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and PCI are driving the need for cost effective, comprehensive and audit-quality log collection, storage and analysis. These requirements affect a large number of organisations: The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard affects up to 6 million merchants globally, and Section 404 of SOX will extend to all US public companies (other than newly public companies) in 2008, including those with market capitalisations of less than $75 million and all foreign companies listed on US stock exchanges. These regulations also necessitate automated long-term retention policies and intelligent analysis for reporting and alerting against all log data. As a result, the average organisation is experiencing a dramatic increase in the volume of log data that needs to be captured and analysed. Increasingly, organisations are also using log management to enhance security posture, assist in network and system management and improve service-level agreements.
The ArcSight Log Management Suite cost-effectively addresses these requirements and delivers many benefits to ArcSight global channel partners:
- Appliance-based deployments enable partners to rapidly deploy and demonstrate compliance to their customers
- Universal collection of all events from all logs, including legacy applications, broadens the target market and use cases that partners can pursue
- State-of-the art analysis portal enhances enterprise IT intelligence through rapid forensics searches, comprehensive reporting, personalised role-based dashboards and real-time alerting enabling partners to lead with a differentiated solution which offers superior analytics and visualisation capabilities
- Comprehensive, pre-packaged and authoritative content targeted at specific mandates such as PCI and SOX assists organisations in meeting compliance initiatives efficiently and in minimising extraneous manual audit efforts
- Powerful platform architecture provides a foundation for broader enterprise compliance and security initiatives