There's no rest for the weary, especially not for cyber defenders protecting their colleagues, friends, and families from threats amid the COVID-19 crisis. Cybercriminals continue to put the screws to victims, adding onto their typically busy slate of attacks a host of new coronavirus-driven attacks. As with any global event or crisis, the bad guys are jumping on the opportunity to take advantage of fear, distraction, and interest in COVID-19 to craft particularly compelling scams. In particular, they've tailored their phishing lures to prey upon pandemic panic. Here are some examples that researchers have dug up over the past several months as the situation persists.
8 Phishing Lures Preying on Pandemic Panic
Phishing campaigns and scams are skyrocketing to take advantage of people concerned about COVID-19 impacts. Here are some key examples in action.
- Using Threat Hunting and Threat Intelligence to Strengthen Enterprise Cybersecurity
- How Security Vulnerabilities Are Introduced In the Application Development Process - And How to Stop It
- Next-Gen Authentication: A Strategy for MFA, Passwordless, and Beyond
- Keep Phishing Attacks Out of Your Inbox, Implement DMARC the Right Way
- 3 Ways to Detect and Prevent Man-in-the-Middle Attacks