There's no rest for the weary, especially not for cyber defenders protecting their colleagues, friends, and families from threats amid the COVID-19 crisis. Cybercriminals continue to put the screws to victims, adding onto their typically busy slate of attacks a host of new coronavirus-driven attacks. As with any global event or crisis, the bad guys are jumping on the opportunity to take advantage of fear, distraction, and interest in COVID-19 to craft particularly compelling scams. In particular, they've tailored their phishing lures to prey upon pandemic panic. Here are some examples that researchers have dug up over the past several months as the situation persists.
8 Phishing Lures Preying on Pandemic Panic
Phishing campaigns and scams are skyrocketing to take advantage of people concerned about COVID-19 impacts. Here are some key examples in action.
- Developing an Effective Threat Intelligence Program for Your Enterprise
- 2021 DDoS Attack Trends: Year in Review
- Beyond Patch Management: Next-Generation Approaches to Finding and Fixing Vulnerable Code
- Beyond Passwords: New Thinking and Strategies for Authentication
- The ROI Story: Identifying & Justifying Disruptive Technology