* 56+ Million Threats Rejected – Since October 16, 2010 the WatchGuard Reputation Enabled Defense system has prevented more than 56 million network threats from reaching their intended destination.
* Top Spammers – WatchGuard Reputation Enabled Defense cloud system automatically rejects e-mail messages from the following sources. This list represents the top 10 IP addresses that send the most spam:
1. Netherlands - 126.96.36.199 2. Spain - 188.8.131.52 3. Brazil - 184.108.40.206 4. Sudan - 220.127.116.11 5. France - 18.104.22.168 6. United States - 22.214.171.124 7. Russian Federation - 126.96.36.199 8. France - 188.8.131.52 9. Netherlands - 184.108.40.206 10. Oman - 220.127.116.11
* Big Virus Senders – the following are the top 5 offending IP addresses that send viruses via e-mail:
1. United States - 18.104.22.168 2. Canada - 22.214.171.124 3. Taiwan - 126.96.36.199 4. Canada - 188.8.131.52 5. Canada - 184.108.40.206
* Most Popular Viruses – the following are the most popular viruses in real time as reported by WatchGuard ReputationAuthority:
1. Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen 2. Trojan.Win32.Buzus.gcjo 3. Backdoor.Win32.Bredolab.aue 4. Email-Worm.Win32.Mydoom.m 5. Suspicious 6. Net-Worm.Win32.Mytob.ab 7. Virus.MSWord.Thus.ew 8. Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Pif.acf 9. Virus.Win32.Sality.q 10. Trojan.Win32.Oficla.chr
* ReputationAuthority – more detailed information on these threats is available at www.ReputationAuthority.org
Keywords: Network security, spam, viruses, WatchGuard, Reputation Services, Reputation Enabled Defense, cloud-based security Quotes:
* “Leveraging a global defense network, WatchGuard Reputation Enabled Defense is capable of identifying and stopping spam, viruses, malware and more as they proliferate in real time around the world,” said Eric Aarrestad, Vice President at WatchGuard Technologies. “With this tool businesses gain a fresh and dynamic shield that constantly stops threats from their sources, rather than trying to fight them at their network gateway. This increases network efficiency and productivity without sacrificing network security.”
About WatchGuard ReputationAuthority WatchGuard ReputationAuthority is the world's most effective reputation service for email and web security, providing critical protection and a better performing network to businesses, government organizations, ISPs, and other security vendors. It stands alone for protecting organizations as the first and only third-generation, zero-hour global monitoring and protection system purposely created for business and government. ReputationAuthority proactively and automatically prevents unwanted email and web traffic that contain spam, malware, spyware, malicious code, and phishing and network threats from entering your network, resulting in a 98.3% catch-rate being rejected at the connection-level. About WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. Since 1996, WatchGuard' Technologies, Inc. has been the advanced technology leader of business security solutions, providing mission-critical protection to hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. The WatchGuard family of wired and wireless unified threat management appliances, messaging, content security and SSL VPN remote access solutions provide extensible network, application and data protection, as well as unparalleled network visibility, management and control. WatchGuard products are backed by WatchGuard LiveSecurity' Service, an innovative support, maintenance, and education program. WatchGuard is headquartered in Seattle and has offices serving North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. To learn more, visit http://www.watchguard.com/.