Click to Tweet: Demand for @symanteccloud #SaaS offerings demonstrates customer need for simplifying complex IT tasks: http://bit.ly/mPXAJM
“We’ve seen a great deal of momentum in the adoption of cloud-based services for their ease of management and deployment,” said Rowan Trollope, Senior Vice President, Symantec.cloud. “This demand has necessitated expansion of our data center capabilities to deliver SaaS services to customers in more than 112 countries,” he said. “Customers need to protect their information with fewer resources and as little administrative hassle as possible. Symantec.cloud’s proven cloud-based offerings deliver secure, affordable and resilient technology without requiring the headache of additional hardware, management software or dedicated IT staffing.”
Symantec.cloud has demonstrated continued momentum and has expanded its portfolio and global footprint. The number of Symantec.cloud users grew 16 percent year over year from 9.2 million end users in February 2010 to 10.7 million end users in February 2011 in 112 countries. Moreover, Symantec.cloud added a new data center in South Africa, bringing the total number of cloud service-related data centers around the globe to 15 providing customers with consistent performance backed by industry leading service level agreements.
Symantec.cloud’s SaaS portfolio of 16 pre-integrated applications brings simplicity and manageability to IT tasks that can often be complex and time-consuming for businesses of all sizes. Currently, 42 percent of Symantec.cloud clients have deployed four or more of these cloud services.
“The major pain point for most organizations is the ongoing maintenance and management of their applications, software and hardware,” said Chris Christiansen, VP of Products and Security, IDC. “Whether for messaging security or data storage and protection, IT Managers from organizations of all sizes are seeking cloud-based solutions they can trust to ease the burden on their time and resources.”
Symantec.cloud’s service enhancements include:
* Automatic Backup – Ideal for small businesses looking to offload their IT infrastructure, Symantec Backup Exec.cloud will automatically protect the data on customer PCs and servers with simple, online backup and recovery. Larger organizations wishing to protect remote workers or smaller satellite offices can use this new cloud service while still using traditional Backup Exec software at the main office. A beta for Backup Exec.cloud will begin in June and the service will be available later this year.
* Simplified Archiving - Symantec.cloud email archiving services help businesses of all sizes securely address the challenges of email storage management, legal discovery and regulatory compliance, with the ease and efficiency of a cloud-based service. Recognized globally as a leading provider of on premise archiving products, Symantec will introduce future enhancements to Symantec.cloud email archiving services under the name Symantec Enterprise Vault.cloud in June 2011. These services have seen significant growth worldwide during the past fiscal year with a 139 percent increase in customers.
* Increased Manageability - Making Symantec.cloud services even easier to access and manage, a new iPhone app in beta release from Symantec.cloud, allows customers of email, web, and IM security offerings to easily view historical data, reports and charts, as well as important product and service information from their handheld device. The app also provides administrators with the ability to manage users and create and issue support tickets from their device.
“We are excited about the opportunities available to us during a time of rapid growth in the cloud market,” Trollope said. “Leveraging Symantec.cloud’s proven track record of delivering secure, cloud-based services for more than eleven years, we are positioned to lead the industry in a new generation of innovation.”
To learn more about Symantec.cloud’s portfolio of 16 cloud services and sign up for free trials, visit symanteccloud.com/freetrial.
* Vision 2011 Press Center * Symantec.cloud * Symantec.cloud Free Trial * Bio: Rowan Trollope * Blog Post: Out of Chaos Comes Order * Blog Post: Six Tips for Moving to the Cloud * Video: The Evolving Threat Landscape session preview * Video: The Costs and Financial Risks of Web Security session preview
Connect with Symantec
* Follow Symantec on Twitter * Follow Symantec.cloud on Twitter * Join Symantec on Facebook * Subscribe to Symantec News RSS Feed * View Symantec’s SlideShare Channel * Visit Symantec Connect Business Community
About Symantec Symantec is a global leader in providing security, storage and systems management solutions to help consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored. More information is available at www.symantec.com.