Key findings of the study include:
There's a Pervasive Human Capital Crisis
Organizations attempting to tackle critical IT security initiatives suffer from the shortage of IT talent.
· Half of respondents believe the lack of qualified security talent is approaching a state of critical mass where their organizations are vulnerable to serious risk exposure.
· Only 15% of respondents are very confident that they have the security-related skill sets needed to meet evolving threat landscapes.
· Less than 20% are very confident their IT organization has an adequate allocation of information security resources in-house for security policy, identity and access management and information risk management skills. Further, more than half say it is difficult to find and source resources for these skill sets.
Security Complexities are Overwhelming
Information security is so complex that organizations cannot adequately assess their needs.
· More than 60% believe the growing scope and complexity of IT security make it difficult for their organization to effectively assess current security programs and develop comprehensive strategic planning efforts.
Organizations Struggle to Keep Up
It is essential that organizations continually evolve their security strategies to keep pace with the changing ecosystem, yet IT is too bogged down by tactical activities.
· The majority of the respondents indicate that their information security teams are too busy handling tactical, day-to-day work to spend the adequate amount of time on critical strategic information security initiatives.
About TEKsystems People are at the heart of every successful business initiative. At TEKsystems, we understand people. Every year we deploy over 80,000 IT professionals at 6,000 client sites across North America, Europe and Asia. Our deep insights into IT human capital management enable us to help our clients achieve their business goals–while optimizing their IT workforce strategies. We provide IT staffing solutions, IT talent management expertise and IT services to help our clients plan, build and run their critical business initiatives. Through our range of quality-focused delivery models, we meet our clients where they are, and take them where they want to go, the way they want to get there.