Reston, VA – 30 SEPTEMBER, 2015 – The Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC) today announced an agreement to assist the Oil and Natural Gas Information Sharing and Analysis Center (ONG-ISAC) in enhancing its information sharing practices to help protect against cyber and physical risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
David Frazier, Chairman, ONG-ISAC said: “FS-ISAC has developed innovative strategies and practices as well as cutting edge technologies that we will leverage as we grow ONG-ISAC membership and utilize the latest threat intelligence to help defend the sector. Today’s cyber threats are becoming more sophisticated and therefore coordination, expediency, trust and engagement among ISAC members is paramount. FS-ISAC understands our mission and our membership focus and we look forward to a vibrant partnership.”
Under the terms of the partnership, the following will occur under the guidance of FS-ISAC:
· ONG-ISAC will leverage FS-ISAC’s standards, best practices, tools and member engagement model to help ONG-ISAC achieve its sharing mission and membership growth and support goals.
· The relationship will provide a structured method for appropriate, attributed and non-attributed threat indicators to support sharing within the sector.
· Security analysts will monitor a network of sources to collect, analyze and disseminate information to ONG-ISAC members.
· Technology and operational support provided by FS-ISAC will remove operational task burdens and enable ONG-ISAC to focus on improving its defenses.
· The partnership will provide capabilities for immediate coordination of members in the event of a crisis.
Cindy Donaldson, COO FS-ISAC Sector Services, stated: “In addition to helping defend the critical infrastructure, there are numerous synergies related to critical information sharing between the ONG and financial sectors. We look forward to providing the expertise, technology and support that will help advance the ONG-ISAC mission. As part of its products and services initiative, FS-ISAC also supports the member-driven goals of the Legal Services Information Sharing and Analysis Organization (LS-ISAO), the Retail Cyber Intelligence Sharing Center (R-CISC), the Real Estate ISAC (RE-ISAC), and the New Jersey Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Cell (NJ-CICC).”
The Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC) is a non-profit corporation that was established in 1999 and is funded by its member firms. The FS-ISAC is a member-driven organization whose mission is to help assure the resilience and continuity of the global financial services infrastructure and individual firms against acts that could significantly impact the sector’s ability to provide services critical to the orderly function of the global economy. The FS-ISAC shares threat and vulnerability information, conducts coordinated contingency planning exercises, manages rapid response communications for both cyber and physical events, conducts education and training programs, and fosters collaborations with and among other key sectors and government agencies.
# # #