Using Log Manager, Alert Logic security analysts review log data daily for suspicious activity or security concerns within customer networks. When suspicious activity occurs, the Alert Logic security analysts contact LogReview customers directly, providing expert analysis of the potential security incident or threat.
Log Manager 2.1, the latest release of Alert Logic's cloud-powered log management solution, includes several new features to improve the customer's ability to demonstrate compliance to auditors by the creation and management of log audit trails. Log Manager 2.1 contains new out-of-the-box PCI DSS reports and views that are triggered when suspicious activity is identified within log data. These reports provide customers with an easy way to see when investigative action needs to be taken around possible security breaches.
"We have helped over a thousand customers achieve and maintain PCI DSS compliance, in fact, more than 60 percent of our customers are using our services to comply with regulatory mandates," said Gray Hall, Alert Logic chairman and CEO. "With LogReview, we are taking our compliance solutions one step further and solving a major customer need to have the ability to effectively and efficiently review log data daily."
These two announcements deliver on Alert Logic's corporate strategy that is aimed at arming service providers with cloud-powered network security and compliance solutions, also announced today. Rounding out Alert Logic's news today, and further strengthening its go-to-market strategy, is the introduction of the Alert Logic Partner Success Platform.
Utilizing LogReview to demonstrate compliance with PCI DSS Requirement 10, Alert Logic security analysts:
* Analyze event log data daily for potential security incidents like account lockouts, failed logins, new user accounts, and improper access attempts; * Track incidents that warrant investigation and send notifications for LogReview customers to review; * Create an audit trail for working with auditors and regulators; and * Monitor log collection activities and alert LogReview customers when logs are not being collected
Log Manager 2.1 enhances the customers' ability to comply with PCI DSS through:
* Automation of indentifying suspicious activity in log data * Utilization of the case management audit trail system to demonstrate compliance to auditors
* "Alert Logic's Log Manager provides GSI Commerce with an efficient method of maintaining compliance with industry and government requirements," said Wyman Lewis, Director of Information Security for GSI Commerce. "In the e-commerce business, compliance is a requirement and Alert Logic's solution has served us well for several years."
* "We looked to Alert Logic when we needed to replace an on-premise system that was expensive and time consuming to maintain and didn't meet our compliance reporting needs," said Vickie Miller, Director of Information Technology of FICO. "Alert Logic's Threat Manager and Log Manager not only save us time and money by eliminating support and maintenance of on-premise systems, but we are able to easily demonstrate compliance at a moment's notice.
* Datasheet: Alert Logic Log Manager & LogReview * AlertTV: Alert Logic New Year's Resolution #1 " Making Log Review Easier * Alert Logic blog: Reviewing Logs Every Day is a Pain, We Just Made It Easier * Product screenshots: Alert Logic Log Manager
About Alert Logic
Alert Logic's patented solutions are the smartest choice for over-regulated businesses with underfunded IT departments to secure networks and ensure compliance. Its cloud-powered managed solutions combine intrusion detection, vulnerability assessment, log management and 24x7 threat surveillance, and are designed to maximize revenue and profit opportunities for service providers and hosting partners. Enterprises experience a solution that addresses network security and compliance requirements at a low price point, with little dependency on IT resources. Alert Logic is based in Houston, Texas and was founded in 2002. More information about Alert Logic can be found at http://www.alertlogic.com.