Tech Center Vulnerability Management
Dark Reading's Vulnerability Management Tech Center is your portal to all the news, product information, best practices, and other data related to detecting and remediating security vulnerabilities. Written for those who must find and fix enterprise security vulnerabilities, the Vulnerability Management Tech Center is your guide to the latest tools and techniques for preventing security breaches, as well as best practices for responding to new vulnerability discoveries.
With flaw tallies varying by up to 75 percent, vulnerability data needs to be taken with a grain of salt, yet reports based on the data fail to include caveats, Black Hat presenters say
Many end users stuck with older Java to run certain apps, Websense finds
Nearly decade-old attack also has links to other APT groups, infrastructure
Research shows that combining two security products produces widely different improvements in security
Free, open-source vulnerability scanning tools are not always cheaper than their commercial counterparts
- Web Application Testing Using Real-World Attacks
- Google Building Management System Hack Highlights SCADA Security Challenges
- Microsoft Issues Emergency Fix For IE Zero-Day
- Open Source Software Libraries Get Renewed Scrutiny
- Building A Detente Between Developers And Security
By The Numbers
Top 5 Vulnerabilities Found With Dynamic Analysis
The top 5 vulnerabilities discovered in dynamic analysis tests of applications in 2012. Supporting the results, cross-site scripting flaws were the most popular type of vulnerability HP’s Zero-Day Initiative purchased.
Around the Web
- Apache CloudStack 4.0.1 Authentication Bypass / Cryptography
- New incoming fax message is actually malware - be on your guard!
- Google Fixes Three High-Risk Flaws in Chrome OS
- Microsoft tells all Windows 7 users to uninstall security patch, after some ...
- Yes, “design flaw” in 1Password is a problem, just not for end users
Free Research and Reports
- Secrets Revealed: Brilliant Simplicity and Lower TCO
- Top 10 Considerations for Getting Started with VMware Virtualization
- Taneja Group: Overview of Virtualization and Cloud Market Vendor Landscape for SMBs
- Real World Considerations for Implementing Desktop Virtualization eBook
- Websense 2013 Threat Report
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
Dark Reading Digital Magazine
In This Issue
- Endpoint Security: End user security requires layers of tools and training as employees use more devices and apps.
- Security Isn't A Piece Of Cake: It's time we rethink the conventional wisdom about security layering.
- BYOD Is Here To Stay: Trying to keep employees' devices off the network is futile.