News Security Management
The Perfect Holiday Gift For Any Security Pro: A Bruce Schneier Action Figure
For $89, one of the industry's best-known experts will sit on your desk
Move over, James Kirk and Luke Skywalker -- there's a new action figure popping up on top of security professionals' computers -- and this one is a real guy.
A miniature version of BT Counterpane security guru Bruce Schneier -- complete with beard and ponytail -- is now available from the That's My Face site.
More Security Insights
- Transitioning to Multicore Development
- Digital Transformation: Creating new business models where digital meets physical
- Best Practices: 6 Security Services Every Small Business Must Have
- Best Practices: Using Apple's Global Proxy to Boost Mobile Security
- How Attackers Identify and Exploit Software and Network Vulnerabilities
- Getting a Grip on Mobile Malware
The site has dubbed Schneier's figure "Cryptoman," and is offering him in "casual" or "smart" outfits. Buyers can save $29 by purchasing the head only.
Schneier knows about the action figure and has blogged about it:
"I'd like to be able to say something like 'half the proceeds are going to EPIC and EFF,'" Schneier blogs, "but they're not. That's the price for custom orders. I don't even get a royalty. The company is working on lowering the price...I've told them that at $100 no one will buy it, but at $40 it's a funny gift for your corporate IT person. So email the company if you're interested, and if they get enough interest they'll do a bulk order."
We want one, Santa. Please?
Have a comment on this story? Please click "Discuss" below. If you'd like to contact Dark Reading's editors directly, send us a message.