SSH Communications Security Launches CryptoAuditor: Minimally-Invasive Enterprise Privileged User Access Auditing SolutionHelps prevent data loss across encrypted secure shell, RDP and SFTP traffic with inline, real-time and transparent audit capabilities
LAS VEGAS, July 25, 2012, /PRNewswire/ SSH Communications Security, known the world over as the inventor of the SSH protocol, today announced the launch of its CryptoAuditor™ solution at the Black Hat USA 2012 conference. The new offering helps prevent data loss across encrypted secure shell, RDP and SFTP traffic with inline, real-time and transparent audit capabilities for financial service providers, retailers and other enterprises transmitting sensitive information. CryptoAuditor is the second module released this year as part of the company's Information Assurance Platform.
"We launched the Universal SSH Key Manager module earlier this year at RSA and we have received an excellent response from our customers since then," said Matthew McKenna, SSH vice president of sales and marketing. "With the launch of CryptoAuditor, SSH provides the next logical extension to our platform, a fully transparent, centralized privileged access auditing solution, delivering strong data-in-transit security that requires no changes to existing network architecture."
The Universal SSH Key Manager module and the CryptoAuditor module integrate smoothly into existing enterprise security solutions – including DLP and SIEM – providing deeper audit and forensics capabilities into encrypted traffic.
Both modules employ sophisticated key management capabilities, including group-based access controls and automatic key discovery, deployment and removal. This critical link between the two modules allows for fully transparent inline deployments, providing strong security, minimal system latency, operating cost reduction and the ability to deploy a single-sign-on effect throughout the entire enterprise.
"Our platform's key management capabilities provide controls over who can gain access to what information in secure shell environments," said Jason Thompson, SSH director of global marketing. "By combining our key management capabilities with CryptoAuditor, organizations will see immediate ROI by solving issues surrounding auditing, control and key management."
CryptoAuditor Key Facts:
- Inline deployment capabilities eliminate costly and time-consuming workarounds and processes required by first-generation solutions
- Reduces the risk from advanced external threats by controlling and monitoring information as it moves across the environment, preventing data loss with an internal policy engine and DLP/SIEM integration capabilities
- Delivers immediate control and accountability over privileged access users, closing significant security gaps in information security architecture
- A minimally invasive approach that captures a broad array of traffic across all needed audit points while remaining transparent to administrators
- Designed to easily deploy across distributed architecture, making management easy through a one-console approach
About SSH Communications Security
Founded in 1995, SSH Communications is the company that invented the SSH protocol - the gold standard protocol for data-in-transit security solutions. Today, over 3,000 customers across the globe, including 7 of the Fortune 10, trust our Information Integrity Platform to secure the path to their information assets. We enable and enhance business for thousands of customers in multiple industries in the private and public sectors around the world. We operate in the Americas, Europe, and APAC regions, with headquarters located in Helsinki, Finland. The company shares (TEC1V) are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.