Tech Center Risk Management
Dark Reading's Risk Management Tech Center is your portal to all the news, product information, technical data, and best practices related to the assessment, measurement, and management of cybersecurity risk in the enterprise. Written for executives and businesspeople as well as security and IT professionals, the Risk Management Tech Center is a single community dedicated to the tools and techniques used to analyze security risk as well as methods for assessing the costs and benefits associated with cybersecurity defenses and the potential impact of new threats.
Third parties represent a big chunk of data breaches, and experts say the only way to address the risk is to get IT risk managers working with vendor management executives
Q&A with Open Group executives who are evangelizing a new standard for dependency modeling to help with IT risk management and beyond
To implement a risk-based approach to security, you must be able to gauge and report risk. Here are some tips on how to do it right
Normalizing security data spewing from tools across the enterprise is a key step in creating a consistent set of metrics to use in managing risk
Entertaining RSA Conference panel titled 'Why U No Haz Metrics' discusses the importance of measuring security controls against exposure to loss
- SCADA 'Sandbox' Tests Real-World Impact Of Cyberattacks On Critical Infrastructure
- Getting The Most Out Of A GRC Platform
- Threat Intelligence Brings Dynamic Decisions To Risk Management
- Go Hack Yourself
- How To Conduct An Effective IT Security Risk Assessment
By The Numbers
What Risk Management Metrics Does Your Organization Use?
Organizations depend on metrics around the reduction of cost of IT security and the number of end users receiving training far more than performance-based metrics like the reduction in the number of threats.
Source: The State Of Risk-Based Security Management: United States, 2012, Ponemon Institute/Tripwire
Around the Web
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston