On Monday, Microsoft revealed Surface, their new tablet running Windows 8. I want one -- depending on what it costs. NL NL Microsoft's Steves Ballmer and Sinofsky made the announcement at a mystery event in Los Angeles and made it clear that Surface fixes what is wrong with today's tablets, hitting hard on some of the same problems I have with them. They seem to be designed with arbitrary criteria separate the needs of real business...Read full story on BYTE
Free Research and Reports
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Secure your mobile applications in the new commerce era - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to move your broadband service to an All-IP network at TelcoVision (formerly TelcoTV) - TelcoVision
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- How to Choose a SaaS Vendor - E2 Conference Boston
Dark Reading Digital Magazine
In This Issue
- Endpoint Security: End user security requires layers of tools and training as employees use more devices and apps.
- Security Isn't A Piece Of Cake: It's time we rethink the conventional wisdom about security layering.
- BYOD Is Here To Stay: Trying to keep employees' devices off the network is futile.