Bitglass Unveils Cloud and Mobile Security Solution That Respects Employee Privacy
SaaS security solution secures corporate data on mobile devices and in cloud apps
CAMPBELL, Calif. (January 29, 2014) – Bitglass today launched its SaaS security solution that enables enterprises to move forward with cloud and mobile, securely. Bitglass secures corporate data wherever it goes, from the corporate network to cloud apps, mobile devices and anywhere on the Internet.
Unlike existing security solutions, Bitglass works without installing software agents on employees' devices or tracking their personal data. Bitglass deploys in minutes with minimal administrative overhead, immediately protecting sensitive data everywhere while enabling mobility and privacy for users.
More Security Insights
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service
- Four Ways to Modernize Your Application Performance Monitoring Strategy for Web 2.0 and AJAX
- Solving Big Data Challenges with Simplicity & Speed
- Optimize Your SQL Environment for Performance & Flexibility
"We utilize cloud apps and mobile devices in our personal lives because they are easy to use, anytime, anywhere. Naturally, we also want to use this technology in the workplace," said Nat Kausik, CEO and co-founder of Bitglass. "Bitglass enables IT to move forward with these technologies, providing security for the organization and a frictionless experience for employees."
The onset of cloud and mobile has fueled a security vs. privacy conflict between IT departments and employees. IT wants to empower employees with the latest technology, but must secure corporate data; employees expect to use cloud apps and BYOD for work without their employer viewing their personal activities. Bitglass resolves the conflict, enabling enterprises to embrace cloud apps and BYOD without compromising security while respecting employee privacy.
"Faced with intense pressure to support SaaS (Software as a Service) applications and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), the role of enterprise IT is being transformed to one that must balance enablement of employees with data security on unmanaged assets such as mobile devices and cloud apps," said Chris Christiansen, program vice president for IDC's Security Products and Services group. "For 2014, IDC forecasts 15% growth in Worldwide Security SaaS and 28% growth in Worldwide Mobile Enterprise Security Software. These figures affirm that enterprise organizations responded to these trends with technology investments that will improve their security posture. Comprehensive and effective security solutions that protect the network while enabling secure SaaS and BYOD solutions are crucial to enterprise productivity and innovation."
"Bitglass uniquely delivers a comprehensive security solution that automatically segments, tracks and secures our sensitive data across cloud and mobile without invading our users' privacy," said Nathan McBride, vice president, IT at AMAG Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AMAG). "Best of all, it's a zero-touch deployment."
For IT, Bitglass provides:
· Cloud App Security – Bitglass protects cloud data from end to end, enabling IT to take control of only corporate data when it moves outside of the enterprise. As files are downloaded through the Bitglass reverse proxy, they are automatically watermarked, allowing customers to track corporate data anywhere it goes.
· Mobile Security – If a mobile device is lost or stolen, or an employee leaves the company, Bitglass can selectively wipe only corporate data with no app or MDM profile on the device.
· Deployment in Minutes –With no software to install and no device or firewall changes, Bitglass can be deployed across any organization in minutes. Upon deployment, all user traffic, from any device or location, flows through the Bitglass service automatically.
· Cloud Access Control – Bitglass provides access control across all cloud apps, controlling the interaction of data – who, what, when, where and how corporate data is used.
· Unified Identity – Bitglass provides SAML Single-Sign On into cloud apps, or integrates with existing identity solutions.
· Analytics – With tracking capabilities across all cloud apps, Bitglass provides analytics to meet IT's compliance needs and gain actionable insights into suspicious behaviors and activities.
For employees, Bitglass provides:
· Privacy – Employees can use the same apps and devices for their work and personal lives, without worrying about whether IT is monitoring their communications.
· Seamless Experience – Employees continue accessing cloud apps the way that they normally do, with no changes to the user experience.
· Mobility –With no software agents or IT involvement required, Bitglass ensures that all corporate traffic on any device, anywhere, is secured.
To better understand the challenges facing cloud and mobile security, Bitglass is offering a free whitepaper on the topic. Access it at: http://www2.bitglass.com/cloud-and-mobile-security-whitepaper.
Bitglass (bitglass.com) enables IT to secure sensitive corporate data in cloud applications and mobile devices while respecting employee privacy. Founded in 2013, Bitglass is based in Silicon Valley and backed by $10M from NEA and Norwest Venture Partners.