Tech Center Privacy
Dark Reading's Privacy Tech Center offers the latest news and information on issues surrounding user privacy and identity protection. Written for security and IT professionals, the Privacy Tech Center is designed to provide details on technologies, threats, and legislation surrounding data privacy, as well as insights on how enterprises can protect the privacy of their employees, customers, and business partners.
Phone will be second means of verifying user identity, Twitter says
Funding was led by Handbag, LLC
Additional funding comes from a number of Phoenix Group affiliates and other investors
Members provide strategic and technical input to PCI SSC on specific areas of Council focus
Solution features Approved Scan Vendor (ASV) vulnerability scans
- Consumer Reports: 58 Million U.S. PCs Infected With Malware
- BT Expands Cloud Compute Services Across Four Continents
- LivingSocial Says Cyberattack Puts Data Of 50 Million Customers At Risk
- Crocus Releases The Prototype Secure Authentication Engine
By The Numbers
Healthcare Records At Risk
Health plans are the most breached healthcare organizations, losing some 10.32 million patient records in the past year.
Source: HITRUST LLC
Around the Web
Free Research and Reports
- HP Newsletter with Gartner Research: Maximizing Your Infrastructure through Virtualization
- Understanding Holistic Database Security 8 Steps to Successfully Securing Enterprise Data Sources
- Application Testing Strategies in the IBM z/OS Environment
- Virtualizing Disaster Recovery Using Cloud Computing
- Preventing Security Risks in Real Time
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The A-to-Z of Building Your Big Data Initiative - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
Dark Reading Digital Magazine
Time To Set Up That Honeypot
Securing Cisco IP Telephony
Attribution Is Much More Than A Source IP
New CA Group Has Big Names, Small Impact
How To Build An IT Security Budget
5 Approaches To Decaffeinating Java Exploits
Enterprise Vulnerabilities From DHS/US-CERT's National Vulnerability Database
TURCK BL20 Programmable Gateway and BL67 Programmable Gateway have hardcoded accounts, which allows remote attackers to obtain administrative access via an FTP session.
Heap-based buffer overflow in an ActiveX component in MICROSYS PROMOTIC before 8.1.5 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted web page.
Stack-based buffer overflow in an ActiveX component in MICROSYS PROMOTIC before 8.1.5 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted web page.
Directory traversal vulnerability in the PmWebDir object in the web server in MICROSYS PROMOTIC before 8.1.5 allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files via unspecified vectors.
engine/lib/access.php in Elgg before 1.8.5 does not properly clear cached access lists during plugin boot, which allows remote attackers to read private entities via unspecified vectors.