Corero Unveils New Threat Defense System For Service Providers
Corero SmartWall TDS family of network security appliances protects again DDoS attacks and cyberthreats
HUDSON, MA – February 3, 2014 – Corero Network Security (LSE:CNS), a leading provider of First Line of Defense® security protection for the enterprise, today announced the introduction of the Corero SmartWall&trade Threat Defense System (TDS) for service providers. The SmartWall family of products enables service providers to deliver First Line of Defense security services, protecting their customers from DDoS attacks and cyber threats.
Service providers and their customers are both impacted by the challenges of DDoS attacks and cyber threats. These attacks have grown in size, frequency and sophistication in recent years. Not surprisingly, customer expectations for improved service availability and security have risen in unison. Enterprises are increasingly calling on their service providers to assist them in the detection, analysis and mitigation of DDoS attacks and other cyber threats before they have an impact on their operations and ultimately, their business. In the recent report to the President of the United States "Immediate Opportunities for Strengthening the Nation's Cybersecurity" by the President's Council of Advisors on Science and Technology, Internet service providers were identified as a group that is well positioned to contribute to rapid improvements in cybersecurity through real-time action.
More Security Insights
- 10 Steps to Cleaning up Active Directory
- The Active Directory Management and Security You've Always Dreamed of
- Innovations in Integration: Achieving Holistic Rapid Detection and Response
- COBOL in the Big Data Era: A Guide
The Corero SmartWall TDS addresses this challenge by providing the opportunity for service providers to deliver First Line of Defense, always on, threat protection and visibility to their customers. It is a purpose-built family of network security appliances that is configurable to meet the needs of service providers. These appliances deliver comprehensive threat defense services in rapidly scalable deployments for higher performance, greater connectivity and broader functionality than previously possible. This unique, slim line appliance delivers 10Gbps full-duplex performance in a ¼ wide, 1 RU form factor. Service providers can deploy a combination of SmartWall TDS appliances to deliver the performance, connectivity and security required. Customers benefit from progressive inspection, threat detection and policy-based protection with always on visibility at any throughput - 1 RU delivers 40Gbps, and 4 RU delivers 160Gbps.
The Corero SmartWall TDS functionality is delivered by the following family of appliances:
· Network Threat Defense – A majority of DDoS attacks occur at Layers 3 and 4, therefore the Corero SmartWall TDS was built to protect against these attacks using IP address blocking, SYN flood protection, TCP/UDP rate control and Client-Server connection limiting.
· Application Threat Defense – Many applications, including those that rely on encrypted communications using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), are vulnerable to application layer DDoS attacks that utilize Layer 7 attack vectors. The Corero SmartWall TDS defends against these attacks using Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) of Layer 7 protocols and payloads in combination with behavioral anomaly detection.
· Network Forensics – As sophisticated threats continue to evolve, effective security analysis requires continuous visibility into the traffic flowing between the protected network and the Internet. The Corero SmartWall TDS supports 10Gbps line rate packet capture to enable network forensics of security incidents.
· Network Bypass – Network availability is essential to maintaining always on Internet services. The Corero SmartWall TDS utilizes intelligent zero power network bypass technology to eliminate service downtime in the event of power or equipment failure, or during routine maintenance and configuration upgrades.
"We are excited to introduce this new portfolio of First Line of Defense solutions for service providers," said Ashley Stephenson, CEO of Corero Network Security. "Building upon our years of experience supporting enterprise customers with on-premises DDoS protection, we have now enabled service providers to similarly assist their customers in the escalating battle against cyber threats. With the addition of the SmartWall TDS, Corero is well positioned to keep pace with the evolution of the DDoS defense market and customer demands for improved levels of cybersecurity protection, both on-premises and in the cloud."
SmartWall TDS will be demonstrated live at Booth # 2407 during RSA 2014 in San Francisco. SmartWall TDS solutions are priced from $250K for a 40Gbps configuration with availability for trials in Q1, 2014 and deployments beginning in Q2, 2014.
About Corero Network Security
Corero Network Security, an organization's First Line of Defense against DDoS attacks and cyber threats, is a pioneer in global network security. Corero products and services provide online enterprises, service providers, hosting providers and Managed Security Service Providers with an additional layer of security capable of inspecting Internet traffic and enforcing real-time access and monitoring policies designed to match the needs of the protected business. Corero technology enhances any defense-in-depth security architecture with a scalable, flexible and responsive defense against DDoS attacks and cyber threats before they reach the targeted IT infrastructure allowing online services to perform as intended. For more information, visit www.corero.com.