NCP Engineering Releases Secure Enterprise Management Version 3.0SEM 3.0 enables two-factor authentication with a one-time password
Mountain View, CA – December 11, 2012 – NCP engineering today announced the availability of a new version of its Secure Enterprise Management (SEM), software that streamlines the tasks of remote access to a few clicks. Built around the all-new NCP Advanced Authentication, SEM 3.0 enables powerful Two-Factor Authentication with a One-Time Password that users receive via SMS. Each password is created by a random number generator within the NCP Advanced Authentication Connector and is automatically canceled after use. This eliminates the need to use third party solutions and enables Two-Factor Authentication with only a mobile or smartphone.
· With the new NCP Advanced Authentication, SEM 3.0 elevates the security of the entire NCP Secure Enterprise Solution, which is comprised of a VPN client suite, hybrid IPsec/SSL VPN server and the remote access VPN management system.
· The NCP Secure Enterprise Solution is a 100% software solution developed from the ground up to be interoperable with all major network-layer security technologies, including VPN gateways and firewalls, preventing vendor-lock pitfalls. It also supports the broadest range of end device platforms, including Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, Windows Mobile/Phone, Android, Mac OS X, Mac iOS, BlackBerry, Symbian and Linux.
· As a centrally controlled solution, SEM 3.0 provides a single point of network administration for a company's entire IPsec and SSL VPN network, in addition to full Network Access Control (NAC) management. Administrators are able to provision and configure remote access capabilities to help prevent "bandwidth hogging" and wireless data consumption fees.
· For more about NCP engineering and its and its centrally managed enterprise VPN solution, visit www.ncp-e.com
· Reach NCP engineering on its blog, VPN Haus, LinkedIn, Twitter, or YouTube
NCP engineering, Security, Remote Access, IPsec, SSL, VPN, Hybrid VPN, Authentication, Advanced Authentication, Two-Factor Authentication, One-Time Password, the NCP Advanced Authentication Connector.
About NCP engineering
Since its inception in 1986, NCP engineering has delivered innovative software that allows enterprises to rethink their remote access, and overcome the complexities of creating, managing and maintaining secure network access for staff.
NCP's award-winning product line spans the spectrum of remote access, from IPsec / SSL VPNs to endpoint firewalls and network access control (NAC) functions. The company's products support organizations with complex remote user needs, and that want to leverage the latest end-devices to increase staff productivity, reduce network administration and adapt policy changes on-the-fly. Each solution is interoperable with existing third-party software or hardware.
With global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany and North American headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company serves 35,000-plus customers worldwide throughout the healthcare, financial, education and government markets, as well as many Fortune 500 companies. NCP has established a network of national and regional technology, channel and OEM partners to serve its customers. For more information, visit www.ncp-e.com.