Startup BlueBox Launches, Rolls Out New Approach To BYOD Security ProblemBluebox SaaS mobile data security solution delivers visibility of corporate data as it moves throughout the mobile workflow
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – February 19, 2014 – Bluebox Securitylaunched today with the first mobile data security solution to provide visibility and protection of corporate data - at rest or in transit - across anymobile application oniOSor Android. With Bluebox, enterprises can trust mobilewhile giving employees the freedom and privacy they need to be productive.
According to a recent study, 9 out of 10 Americans use their smartphones for work each day.
By 2016, the number of smartphones is expected to surpass the number of people on the planet. Despite the rapid proliferation of user-owned mobile devices into today's businesses, only a small percentage of companies have a BYOD policy in place and most lack a complete solution for mobile data security.
"Today's MDM and MAM solutions are at odds with the way mobile employees actually work, and fall short in the area of securing data and application access," said Mike Kail, Vice President, IT Operations, Netflix. "Offering an innovative approach, Bluebox delivers a frictionless user experience that allows easy enrollment, employees to securely choose their preferred apps, and respects privacy based on the true separation of professional and personal data. When combined with their real-time insights into actual mobile data usage that provide strategic policy insights, my team trusts that our data is protected. If you really want to embrace Enterprise Mobility, Bluebox is the only solution that provides all the benefits of work/life integration on a single device for both the enterprise and the user."
Built on its patented 'data-wrapping' technology, the Bluebox SaaSmobile data security solution delivers:
• Complete visibility of corporate data as it moves throughout the mobile workflow. With Bluebox, CISOs gain strategic insights into the 'who, what, where, when and how' of corporate data. CISOs can inform and dynamically tune security policies based on actual mobile data use, and respond in real-time to security events with surgical precision or comprehensive action to delete, suspend, or lock documents, users, applications, or devices. Now security teams have the tools they need to ensure their mobile security is current and relevant to actual usage and threats.
• Comprehensive security across the device, application, and network.Bluebox identifies and dynamically encrypts corporate data on the device, and in applications, as well as secures corporate data traffic end-to-end, from devices to cloud-basedand internal applications. Bluebox also automatically detects and protects against platform-level vulnerabilities, application tampering, and jailbreaks for device and app integrity.
• Freedom and privacy for security that employees embrace.Bluebox gives employees the freedom to use any application, maximizing productivity without compromising security. Bluebox'sInstant App Protectsecures on-demand any internal or public mobile app, no SDKs or coding required. A transparent privacy dashboard combined with clear separation of corporate and personal data gives employees full visibility into what IT is, and isn't, tracking.
"The end user doesn't want to have to care about security and privacy," said Tyler Shields, Senior Analyst, Forrester. "They expect privacy to be 'taken care of' and to be provided to them as a natural right. To be successful, security products must be transparent and seamless."
"Data goes everywhere in today's mobile world," said Caleb Sima, co-founder and CEO, Bluebox Security. "And you can't secure what you can't see. We built Bluebox based on feedback from enterprises and employees, which boiled down to two success drivers. First, provide visibility and security of the data so that enterprises trust they are protected on mobile. Second, provide a native and transparent user experience that aligns with the demands of today's mobile workers. Now CISOs and employees are partners in enabling mobile security."
"We are constantly anticipating threats we may face and preparing methods to tackle them in ways that enable our employees, thereby reducing employee frustration," said Bryan Strong, SVP, Director of Information Security atZionsBank. "Mobile security is top of mind for us, as it is for all enterprises. Bluebox's innovative approach to securing data could allow us to rethink our current Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management security approach. Bluebox's ability to respect employee privacy and allow freedom of choice to use any application without compromising security is a great model for mobile security to adopt."
Since its founding in 2012, Bluebox has gathered a world-class team with deep expertise in information security – the same team behind the discovery of the Android "master key" exploit–
as well as a number ofBeta users from the Global 2000. Bluebox recently announced a Series B financing round, bringing its total capital raised to $27.5 million.
Watch Bluebox compete in RSA's 2014 Innovation Sandboxon Monday, February 24.
Join us for a free lunch at RSA and to experiencethe new era of mobile security for yourself.
● Follow Bluebox on Twitter @BlueboxSec
● Subscribe to the Bluebox blog
About Bluebox Security
Founded in 2012 by a team of security experts, Bluebox Security offers the first mobile data security platformto safeguard corporate data across the device, application, and network. The cloud-based solution provides complete visibility and security of corporate data, while providing employees the freedom, ease of use, and privacy that ensures widespread adoption. Bluebox Security has received a total of $27.5 million in funding from Andreessen Horowitz, Tenaya Capital, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Andreas Bechtolsheim, SV Angel, and Google Board member Ram Shriram. The company is headquartered in San Francisco. For more information visit www.bluebox.com or follow us on Twitter @blueboxsec.