News Security Monitoring
SpectorSoft Announces Acquisition
Corner Bowl Software has focused on developing software that helps system administrators perform critical tasks
VERO BEACH, FLA. --October 9, 2012 -- SpectorSoft Corporation, the leader in user activity monitoring software, today announced the acquisition of Corner Bowl Software and the availability of SpectorSoft Server Manager. With SpectorSoft Server Manager, SMBs, government agencies and enterprises can automate and centralize management of a wide range of IT issues associated with event logs, security events, server resources, applications and disk utilization. In addition, SpectorSoft Server Manager provides turnkey capabilities that simplify reporting for industry regulations such as HIPAA and PCI. By bringing together monitoring and reporting for infrastructure, log and user activity, customers now have unrivaled insight into the security, performance and compliance of their IT environments.
SpectorSoft Server Manager allows system administrators to improve security, as well as server and application performance, through an advanced range of product features and benefits:
More Security Insights
White PapersMore >>
- Mobile Commerce: State of the Market
- Strategy: How to Conduct an Effective IT Security Risk Assessment
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
· Event Log Management that provides monitoring, consolidation, archiving, auditing and log reporting in real-time from Windows event logs, Syslogs and text files
· Security Event Reporting that quickly identifies security issues with turnkey account and logon reporting
· Application Monitoring that ensures maximum uptime by monitoring and controlling Windows services, applications and processes
· Resource Monitoring that centrally monitors server resources such as CPU and memory, network-wide
· Disk Monitoring that monitors, predicts and manages disk space utilization
· Actions and Alerts that automatically take appropriate corrective actions
· Compliance Reporting that provides turnkey reporting for HIPAA, PCI and other leading regulations
The release of SpectorSoft Server Manager is the result of SpectorSoft's acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Corner Bowl Software. Based in Park City, Utah, Corner Bowl has focused on developing software that helps system administrators perform critical tasks, such as event log management.
"We're well established as a leading provider of User Activity Monitoring solutions used by some of the world's largest and most recognizable companies. Our customers have told us that our User Activity Monitoring solutions help fill the gaps that often exist in critical audit trails, reducing significant expense, effort and risk of exposure," said Jason Judge, CEO of SpectorSoft. "By bringing together solutions that watch the infrastructure and users, we enable our customers to gain more complete intelligence about their security, performance and compliance."
"For the past 11 years, we've devoted our time and resources to helping system administrators improve the security and performance of their IT infrastructures. Our technology is proven, and we're excited to make it more widely available through this acquisition," said Michael Janulaitis, CEO of Corner Bowl. "As a new member of the SpectorSoft team, I'm looking forward to helping the company create world-class software products and solutions."
For more information on SpectorSoft's Server Manager click here.
Follow us on Twitter @SpectorSoft.
Like us on Facebook.
SpectorSoft is the leader in computer and mobile device User Activity Monitoring and analysis software. SpectorSoft has helped more than 160,000 businesses, government organizations, schools, and law enforcement agencies conduct investigations, optimize productivity and efficiency, protect assets and reputation, ensure adherence to Acceptable Use Policies, review security risk, and audit compliance mandates. In addition, SpectorSoft has sold nearly 1 Million licenses to help parents and guardians keep children safe online. For more information, visit www.spectorsoft.com.