News Database Security
McAfee Launches New Data Center Security Suites
Suites offer combination of whitelisting, blacklisting, and virtualization technologies for protecting servers and virtual desktops
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 15, 2012 - McAfee today announced four new Data Center Security Suites to help secure servers and databases in the data center. The suites offer a unique combination of whitelisting, blacklisting and virtualization technologies for protecting servers and virtual desktops. These solutions provide optimal security for servers and databases in physical, virtualized and cloud-based data centers, with minimal impact on server resources which is a key demand for data centers.
"Performance and security are key concerns for servers in the physical, virtualized or cloud-based data centers," said Jon Oltsik, Senior Principal Analyst, Information Security and Networking at Enterprise Security Group. "The new server security suites from McAfee, based on its application whitelisting, virtualization and blacklisting and AV technologies, provide an enhanced security posture while maintaining the high server performance needs of the data center."
More Security Insights
- IDC Analyst Connection: Using Blade Systems to Cut Costs and Sharpen Efficiencies
- Cloud-based data backup: A buyer's guide - How to choose a third-party provider for development, management of your data backup solution
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
The suites offer customers the ability to protect their physical and virtual servers and virtual desktops with a unique combination of technologies in a single solution.
· McAfee Data Center Security Suite for Server provides a complete set of blacklisting, whitelisting, and optimized virtualization support capabilities for basic security on servers of all types
· McAfee Data Center Security Suite for Server–Hypervisor Edition provides a complete set of blacklisting, whitelisting, and optimized virtualization support capabilities for basic security on servers of all types and is licensed per Hypervisor
· McAfee Data Center Security Suite for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure provides comprehensive security for virtual desktop deployments without compromising performance or the user experience
· McAfee Database Server Protection provides data base activity monitoring and vulnerability assessment in a single suite, for all major database servers in the data center
"McAfee is leading the industry with these new solutions for protecting servers in the data center," said Candace Worley, senior vice president and general manager of endpoint security at McAfee. "The combination of whitelisting, blacklisting and virtualization in a single solution, offers an optimal security posture for protecting servers in the data centers. These solutions address the need in the industry to offer solutions that provide the highest level of protection with minimal impact on the resources they are deployed on and in a wide range of customized licensing options."
For more information on McAfee Data Center Security please visit: http://www.mcafee.com/us/solutions/data-center-security/index.aspx.
Look for more news coming from McAfee FOCUS 12 during the week of Oct. 22 by visiting: http://www.mcafeefocus.com/focus2012/.
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), empowers businesses, the public sector and home users, to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers proactive and proven security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique Global Threat Intelligence network, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping its customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com