Fujitsu Computer Products Of America Launches iNetSec Smart Finder For Network Security And BYOD Management
Smart Finder incorporates both NAC and IPS features into a hybrid product
SUNNYVALE, Calif., Oct. 8, 2013 — Fujitsu Computer Products of America today announced the introduction of iNetSec Smart Finder, the internal network security appliance that offers wired and wireless device discovery, classification and management, and Layer 7 application control. Smart Finder enables IT administrators to monitor and prevent future threats from the inside of an organization. Smart Finder has been available in Japan for three years and has been the fastest growing product in the market for the past two years, according to total Network Security Business 2012-2013 sales data from Fuji Chimera Research Institute, Inc.
More Security Insights
- Forrester Study: The Total Economic Impact of VMware View
- Securing Executives and Highly Sensitive Documents of Corporations Globally
- Top Big Data Security Tips and Ultimate Protection for Enterprise Data
- Smarter Process: Five Ways to Make Your Day-to-Day Operations Better, Faster and More Measurable
In today’s mobile economy, security has become vital for businesses and organizations as more and more employees are using personal devices in the office. BYOD (bring your own device) and mobile device management are no longer new trends but rather common practice, and with an increasing variety of IP-based equipment sending data over networks, companies need to ensure that they have solutions in place so that their internal data is managed and secure.
"The shift toward a BYOD culture in today's workplace has resulted in employees bringing more and more personal devices and personal applications to the office to meet their specific needs and increase productivity," said Avni Rambhia, Digital Media Industry Manager at Frost & Sullivan. "This increase in non-company owned laptops, tablets and smartphones also brings with it a variety of security threats, such as malware and botnets, that put businesses at risk. To best secure their networks and proprietary information, companies must protect themselves not just against external threats, but also from internal threats."
Smart Finder incorporates both NAC (network access control) and IPS (intrusion prevention system) features into a hybrid product that is ideal for companies that do not need products with full-blown NAC and IPS capabilities but want or need elements of each.
“Many companies need a way to secure their networks from the inside out without the headache of high costs or extreme technical complexity,” said Carmine Clementelli, Product Manager, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. “Smart Finder has a unique blend of essential NAC and IPS features, is easy to use, and fits the budget and technical know-how of a wide range of companies.”
Key features of iNetSec Smart Finder include:
- Endpoint Visibility & Device Discovery – this access control functionality recognizes all devices on a business network, both wired and wireless – from laptops and mobile phones to tablets and printers – so companies can prevent illegal access and minimize threats.
- Threat Prevention & Security – the Layer 7 IPS functionality gives control over application usage within the company’s network, in order to prevent hazardous activities internally.
- Non-Intrusive Device Detection – this approach ensures there is no network disruption while conducting device monitoring:
o Out of band technology does not reduce network performance
o Agentless technology means there is no software to install on devices and no software updates to manage on diverse devices
- Simple Deployment – deploy in both single-site and multi-site environments – the installation process typically takes less than 2 hours.
- Centralized Web-Based Policy Management – stay organized and coordinated with your device management:
o Authorization workflow and device registration process
o Device classification on the network
o Automated new device approval process
o Whitelist/blacklist security policy management
o Create network access policies by group segments
- Reporting, Analytics, and Alerts – use simple dashboard reporting tools to use your time effectively and efficiently.
- Affordable Pricing – starting at $6,995, Smart Finder enables companies to strengthen the security of their networks without breaking the bank.
- Scalability – support growing infrastructures and multi segment networks with 3,000 endpoints available per single appliance.
“In our environment, security is the utmost concern,” said Gabrial Singh, Vice President, Physical and Logical Security at Omnipro Technologies. “Smart Finder provides administrators with centralized control over all devices, applications, and activity across the company’s network. This is one of the most innovative products that we’ve seen on the market in the BYOD space.”
Pricing and Availability
iNetSec Smart Finder starts at $6,995 and is now available through authorized resellers. For more information about iNetSec Smart Finder, please visit http://www.inetsecsmartfinder.com.
About Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc. is an established leader in the document imaging industry, delivering innovative scanning and internal network security solutions and services that enable our customers to solve critical business issues and streamline operations. With a technology portfolio that also includes best in class network security appliance solutions, Fujitsu looks to provide organizations with an easy way to monitor and prevent threats from the inside out. For more information about Fujitsu document imaging, visit http://us.fujitsu.com/fcpa, and for network security solutions and services, visit www.inetsecsmartfinder.com.