News Cloud Security
Barracuda Networks Launches Ultimate File Sharing, Sync And Storage Service Based On Secure Global Barracuda Cloud
Copy allows users to securely access, share and sync files from anywhere, and from any device
Campbell, Calif. (February 20, 2013) - Barracuda Networks Inc., a leading provider of security and storage solutions, today announced the official public debut of Copy&trade, a cloud-based file storage and sharing platform where users can easily store, protect and share data. Copy allows users to securely access, share and sync files from anywhere, and from any device. It is the first cloud storage service designed with both individuals and companies in mind.
Products and applications used in the workplace today often are determined by users who seek out well-designed, fantastic user experiences. Copy was created to meet the exceedingly high design demands of those individuals and to provide advanced security and corporate features for businesses, which often own the sensitive information being stored and shared.
More Security Insights
- Remote Data Replication: Combat Disasters And Optimize Business Operations
- Taneja Group: Overview of Virtualization and Cloud Market Vendor Landscape for SMBs
- Strengthening Enterprise Defenses With Threat Intelligence
- Strategy: Advanced Persistent Threats: The New Reality
"At Barracuda Networks, we continue to see incredible growth in our storage and backup products, which is our fastest growing business line, and Copy is provided on the same secure global Barracuda Cloud," said Guy Suter, general manager at Barracuda Networks. "Barracuda is uniquely positioned as both a security and storage company, allowing us to incorporate the best of both into the Copy service. We built Copy to be equally compelling to people, friends and companies."
Copy accounts provide 5GB of free storage. With paid introductory plans starting at just $99/year for up to 250GBs, Copy becomes a more affordable cloud storage offering, as compared to Apple iCloud, Amazon Cloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft SkyDrive.
Copy is a major game-changer in the cloud storage arena, providing benefits to individuals and companies such as:
· Multiple device compatibility - Copy works across Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux computers and offers mobile device support for Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) and Android, with Windows Mobile coming soon.
· Easy file sharing without limits - Copy allows users to upload and share files of any size, including 1080p videos and raw photographs without size limitations often found in email attachments. These shared files and folders can be sent to anyone either publicly or privately and accessed from any location or device.
· More security - Copy provides a secure alternative to some other cloud storage services. Included data verification inspects data before Copy accepts it into the user's cloud storage. File-level ownership is verified prior to transferring anything to other devices. Copy also allows users to share files privately using Copy's built-in identify verification.
· Company control - Copy extends its cloud storage and sharing benefits into corporate environments with user and group management and added controls for proprietary company data.
Simple and intuitive, Copy is easy to integrate with other technologies. Today, Barracuda Networks also announced a strategic relationship with Drobo that will extend Copy cloud storage availability to Drobo 5N storage devices.
"This is a rapidly evolving market and we're still in the early days," continued Suter. "When you look beyond the personal or individual space, there is a clear need for a more approachable, yet secure and scalable corporate file sharing platform. Copy is designed to be the easiest way to store, protect and share amazing things."
Pricing and Availability
Copy is available on the Web at Copy.com (http://www.copy.com) and by installing the free software (http://www.copy.com/install). Copy also is available as a free app in the Apple App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/copy-for-ios/id546789632) for iOS devices and on Google Play(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.copy) for Android devices.
Individual Copy accounts provide 5GB of cloud storage free of charge, and paid introductory plans start at $99USD/year for up to 250GBs.
Copy for companies includes no per user fees, and starts at 100GB of cloud storage at $399.99USD each year.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Protecting users, applications, and data for more than 150,000 organizations worldwide, Barracuda Networks has developed a global reputation as the go-to leader for powerful, easy-to-use, affordable IT solutions. The company's proven customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions for security and storage. For additional information, please visit http://www.barracuda.com or follow us onTwitter@barracuda. ###