AlienVault Launches Threat Intelligence Resource Center & iOS Mobile Apps
AlienVault Open Minds Exchange provides, tools, and insights from the AlienVault security experts and community
San Mateo, Calif. – October 24, 2012 –AlienVault, the only open and collaborative Unified Security Management platform combining built-in controls and full visibility, today announced the formation of its Open Minds Exchange, a resource center housing the latest research, tools and insights from the AlienVault security experts and community. As part of the Open Minds Exchange, AlienVault has released two iOS applications – the AlienVault Mobile Console and AlienVault OTX Mobile – to put security visibility directly into users' hands wherever and whenever they need it.
"Advanced cyber attacks are occurring at a pace never before seen, and the only way the security community can prepare for and defend against them is by maintaining a steady exchange of intelligence and information," said Barmak Meftah, AlienVault CEO. "AlienVault has long been committed to leveraging collective security intelligence for the common good, and National Cyber Security Awareness Month is a good opportunity to recognize the power that comes when the community works together. The AlienVault mobile apps are another way for us to give users and the community immediate access to crowd-sourced security intelligence right at their fingertips wherever they are."
More Security Insights
White PapersMore >>
- Agile Service Desk: Keeping Pace or Getting out Paced by New Technology?
- Inside Threats: Is Your Company at Risk?
The AlienVault Open Minds Exchange provides visitors with the latest research, tools and insights from the AlienVault security experts and community, including:
· AlienVault iOS Mobile Apps: Available now and free on iTunes, the AlienVault Open Threat Exchange (OTX) mobile application puts real-time data on malicious IP addresses and domain actors directly in users hands. The AlienVault Mobile Console gives OSSIM orAlienVault Unified Security Management platform users mobile access to their AlienVault management console.
· AlienVault At-A-Glance Threat Analysis: Concise analyses of some of the most high profile threats uncovered by the AlienVault Labs research team via the AlienVault Labs Blog and the At-A-Glance analysis series, which gives CISOs the information they need to know in an easily digestible format.
· AlienVault OTX Threat Intelligence Data: Sourced from a community of more than 18,000 global AlienVault and OSSIM users, threat intelligence data from the AlienVault OTX feeds a real-time threat map, the open source IP reputation database and downloadable IP reputation database, infographics and other online resources accessible via the Open Minds Exchange.
"It's our goal to make security visibility and intelligence accessible to anyone," continued Meftah. "We believe the Open Minds Exchange will be a valuable resource for time and resource-strapped security practitioners and decision-makers who need quick access to the latest research and threat analysis."
· Visit AlienVault's Open Minds Exchange.
· Read AlienVault's At-A-Glance: Internet Explorer Zero-Day Analysis
· Download the AlienVault OTX mobile app or the AlienVault Mobile Console for free on iTunes.
· Download OSSIM or participate in the OSSIM Community.
· Learn more about AlienVault's Unified Security Management platform.
AlienVault provides organizations of all types and sizes with unprecedented visibility across the entire security 'stack' with the AlienVault Unified Security Management&trade (AV-USM&trade) platform. Based on OSSIM – the de facto standard open source SIEM created by AlienVault – the AV-USM platform has five essential security capabilities built-in: asset discovery, vulnerability assessment, threat detection, behavioral monitoring and security intelligence. The AlienVault Open Threat Exchange&trade, a system for sharing threat intelligence among OSSIM users and AlienVault customers, ensures AV-USM always stays ahead of threats. AlienVault is a privately held company headquartered in Silicon Valley and backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sigma, Trident Capital and Adara Venture Partners. For more information visit www.AlienVault.com or follow us on Twitter.