Tech Center Identity & Access Management
Dark Reading's Identity and Access Management Tech Center offers news and analysis on the latest developments in best practices and technology for managing user identity in the enterprise. Written for security and IT professionals, the Identity and Access Management Tech Center is designed to provide in-depth information and perspective on secure user provisioning, access control, directory services, and administration of user rights and privileges.
Depending on their age, end users' attitudes toward security may differ significantly. Here's how
The NSA's systematic crypto-cracking and other tactics have changed the data-protection game for enterprises
New alliance gaining momentum in push to develop open architecture for authentication interoperability
Some say Facebook's growing role as online identity provider could make it a potential enterprise IAM tool, others say Salesforce would have better shot as non-traditional IAM provider
AD isn't going anywhere anytime soon
- Mapping IAM Processes To The Business
- Stop Building Identity Houses On Sand
- Google Security Vulnerability Allowed Two-Step Verification Bypass
- Is Single Sign-On A Security Tool?
- Identity Fraud Hits Three-Year High; More Than $21 Billion Lost
By The Numbers
Authentication Factors In Use
Multi-factor authentication has long been a chosen control designed to mitigate the risks of password compromise. But which additional factors are most common? An enterprise survey shows that certificates and hardware tokens lead by a lot.
Source: InformationWeek 2011 Identity Management Survey
Around the Web
- Forrester Study: The Total Economic Impact of VMware View
- Securing Executives and Highly Sensitive Documents of Corporations Globally
- Defending Against Insider Threats in the “Snowden Era”
- Strategic Opportunity Analysis of the Global Smarter City
- IDC Analyst Connection: Using Blade Systems to Cut Costs and Sharpen Efficiencies