News Advanced Threats
Oil & Gas Critical Infrastructure & Asset Security Forum Set For Vienna Next Month
Designed to help oil and gas organizations working in highly vulnerable operational environments to optimise their security strategies
The security of key energy resources is fundamental to our welfare and prosperity. Many links along the global supply chain for oil and gas have been disrupted due to a variety of security threats in recent years, and the frequency of these attacks is increasing.
The Oil & Gas Critical Infrastructure & Asset Security Forum programme has been finalised for the 19 - 21 September 2012 in Vienna, Austria. The programme has been designed to help oil & gas organisations working in highly vulnerable operational environments to optimise their security strategies and to ensure 360degree(s) protection of their energy assets.
More Security Insights
- IDC Analyst Connection: Using Blade Systems to Cut Costs and Sharpen Efficiencies
- Cloud-based data backup: A buyer's guide - How to choose a third-party provider for development, management of your data backup solution
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Augment your data warehouse with big data solutions
The forum spans 2.5 days of learning, best practice benchmarking, networking, partnership-building, and the best and latest thinking in global energy leadership. It will bring together senior-level security, business resilience, and safety personnel to the Austria Trend Park Royal Palace to address key challenges for the industry in the form of case studies, covering aspects of the value chain, particularly in upstream and midstream oil and gas operations, including:
- Overcoming Concerns of Theft to Gain Maximum Control Over your Critical Energy Assets - Jakub Ludvik, Chief Security Officer, RWE Transgas - Practical Strategies to Deal with Security Risks: Using Systematic Approaches in Complex and Dynamic Environments - A Case Study by Statoil - Oddmund Granli, Head of HSE and Risk Management, Statoil - Implementing Plans for Crisis and Emergency Situations in your Offshore Operations - R.P. Gupta, Chief Manager Offshore Security, Oil & Natural Gas Corporation of India - Ensuring Maritime Security in the Offshore Oil & Gas Industry - Peter Cook, Security Director & Founder, The Security Association for the Maritime Industry (SAMI) - Intelligence Lead Security Operations For Risk Management Business Optimisation - Christopher Taxis, Group Security Operations Manager, Centrica - Mitigating Damaging Risks by Defending Against the Complexity of Increasing Cyber Attacks - Dr. Frank Umbach, Associate Director, European Centre for Energy and Resource Security (EUCERS)
The Forum has also attracted support and sponsorship from security specialists including:
- G4S - DSIT - Ocean Protection Services - Global Unmanned Systems (GUS)
To view the full programme and find out more about attending, visit http://www.ogassetsecurity.com or contact Laurence Allen, Marketing Manager on email@example.com or call +44(0)20-3615-0390