News Security Services
AVG And Yahoo Team On Secure Search
AVG is now offering Yahoo customers more choice when it comes to search providers
AMSTERDAM and SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AVG Technologies N.V.
(NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security to 143 million active users, today announced a new Search and Distribution relationship with Yahoo!
More Security Insights
- Information Protection: The Impact Of Big Data
- Cloud-based data backup: A buyer's guide - How to choose a third-party provider for development, management of your data backup solution
- Informed CIO: SDN and Server Virtualization on a Collision Course
- InformationWeek 2013 IT Spending Priorities Survey
- The Untapped Potential of Mobile Apps for Commercial Customers
- Using InfoSphere Information Server to Integrate and Manage Big Data
Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO).
AVG Secure Search, now also powered by Yahoo!, protects users from dangerous websites and online threats, via AVG's LinkScanner® technology. Under this agreement, AVG is now offering their customers more choice when it comes to search providers; and Yahoo! is extending its search presence to even more users.
"AVG is excited to team up with Yahoo! to help provide Internet users with peace of mind when searching the web or accessing their favorite online properties,"
said JR Smith, CEO, AVG Technologies. "This relationship represents a shift from the company's previous strategy of entering into exclusive search agreements in its search and advertising services business. Consumers have many choices when it comes to how they access the Internet, and our objective is simply to keep them secure, each step of the way."
"Internet users everywhere want to be able to access online content easily without having to worry about security threats," said Shashi Seth, senior vice president of Connections at Yahoo!. "We're committed to providing a rich search experience to AVG users and see this relationship as a strategic way for us to enrich and broaden our search footprint moving forward."