Tech Center Endpoint Security
Dark Reading's Endpoint Security Tech Center is your gateway to the latest news and analysis of technologies and threats affecting end user devices and technology. Written for security and IT professionals, the Endpoint Security Tech Center is designed to provide in-depth information on the security of PCs, laptops, tablet computers, and other personal devices that may be used in the enterprise.
Phishers favor emails that appear to be from LinkedIn friends or email systems, study says
Some malware infections leave stealthy beachhead files behind after the main malware is detected and removed
New data shows higher-education networks harbor massively more malware than enterprises and government nets
New data shows nearly half of XP machines still alive and well among 1 million machines managed by one vendor
More than 500,000 'ZeroAccess' bots nabbed by researchers just prior to its update to more resilient malware
- Flaw In iOS 7 Lets Attackers Take Control Of Users' iPhones
- How The Massive Tor Botnet 'Failed'
- Consumer Groups To FTC: Block Facebook's New Privacy Changes
- 'Hand Of Thief' Linux Trojan Not Ready For Prime Time
- Four Tips For Spotting The Kelihos Botnet Infection
By The Numbers
Training, Password Management And Patching Bring Biggest Value
A recent survey found that many practices that involve end users and endpoint security bring the biggest value for an organization's security spend.
Source: InformationWeek Strategic Security Survey, 2013/2012
Around the Web
- Spear phishing poses threat to industrial control systems
- After Botched Update, Apple Releases Apple TV 6.0, Fixes 50+ Bugs