Slide Show: 10 Free Database Security Tools
While many database protection suites are an expensive proposition, there are a number of free tools available to organizations seeking cost-effective ways to begin securing their databases
10 Free Database Security Tools
While expensive products such as database activity monitoring suites and database encryption tools may be the only option for highly regulated organizations required to comply with security mandates, some organizations with no database security in place may find that free tools can be a great way to reduce security risks. Dark Reading takes a look at a wide range of free security tools that can help organizations discover, scan, assess, and protect their databases from attack.
Tool Type: Data Masking
Using live data in test databases is a common but risky mistake that organizations make every day. This freeware gives developers the ability to mask data for development, testing, or outsourcing projects that involve SQL Server databases.
Free Research and Reports
- IT's Worst Nightmare, or Best Hope? - InformationWeek Conference
- Let the Digital Games Begin! - InformationWeek Conference
- Keynote Speaker: Michelle McKenna-Doyle, CIO, NFL - InformationWeek Conference
- Tower & Small Cell Summit - Tower & Small Cell Summit
- The CIO & CMO -- Adversaries No More - Interop Las Vegas