Slide Show: 10 Free Database Security Tools
While many database protection suites are an expensive proposition, there are a number of free tools available to organizations seeking cost-effective ways to begin securing their databases
10 Free Database Security Tools
While expensive products such as database activity monitoring suites and database encryption tools may be the only option for highly regulated organizations required to comply with security mandates, some organizations with no database security in place may find that free tools can be a great way to reduce security risks. Dark Reading takes a look at a wide range of free security tools that can help organizations discover, scan, assess, and protect their databases from attack.
Tool Type: Data Masking
Using live data in test databases is a common but risky mistake that organizations make every day. This freeware gives developers the ability to mask data for development, testing, or outsourcing projects that involve SQL Server databases.
Free Research and Reports
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
Dark Reading Digital Magazine
In This Issue
- Endpoint Security: End user security requires layers of tools and training as employees use more devices and apps.
- Security Isn't A Piece Of Cake: It's time we rethink the conventional wisdom about security layering.
- BYOD Is Here To Stay: Trying to keep employees' devices off the network is futile.