Tech Center Database Security
Dark Reading's Database Security Tech Center is your portal to all the news, product information, technical data, and other information related to the topic of database security. Written for database administrators and businesspeople as well as security and IT professionals, the Database Security Tech Center is a single community dedicated to protecting one of the most sensitive assets in cyberspace: the company database.
Orchestrated massive global 'bank heist' by an international cybercrime organization targeted credit card processor for MasterCard prepaid debit cards, waged and coordinated mass ATM withdrawals
Developer techniques, business process choices, and attacker preferences all play a part in the continued relevance of SQLi
MAPCO Express says the FBI is investigating a breach that exposed customer financial data in its stores
To improve detection of database breaches, businesses should store multiple fake passwords and monitor attempts to use them, according to researchers at security firm RSA
Patching databases can be painful, but the presence of critical vulnerabilities can make closing security holes quickly necessary
- Developing Data Classification For Stronger Database Security
- Patch PostgreSQL To Prevent DoS Or Privilege Escalation
- How To Improve DBA And Security Team Relations
- Enterprises Less Confident They Can Stop Targeted Attacks On Their Servers
- Web Application Attacks Dominate
By The Numbers
What Threatens Database Information?
Human error still leads the pack in the list of risks, threats or vulnerabilities that leave data open to compromise.
Source: International Oracle Users Group 2012 Enterprise Data Security Survey
Around the Web
Free Research and Reports
- I Can See Clearly Now - E2 Conference Boston
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Explore best practices for marketers in the new mobile world - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The A-to-Z of Building Your Big Data Initiative - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston