Tech Center Database Security
Dark Reading's Database Security Tech Center is your portal to all the news, product information, technical data, and other information related to the topic of database security. Written for database administrators and businesspeople as well as security and IT professionals, the Database Security Tech Center is a single community dedicated to protecting one of the most sensitive assets in cyberspace: the company database.
Database breach at RacingPost.com threatens names, addresses, and passwords of customers
Breach stats are declining, but data is still at risk from poorly protected databases, applications, and endpoints
Injection by Google bot and through modern mobile and Web apps will require adjustments
Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM) project releases fifth annual study results
Black Hat SQL injection workshop instructor develops real-world SQL injection sandbox simulator, invites public for capture the flag event later this month
- Only Ho-Hum Security Holes Ahead For In-Memory DB
- Anatomy Of A SQL Injection Attack
- Database Misconfigurations: Windows To Vulnerable Data
- Do You Know Where Your Databases Are?
- 3 Inconvenient Truths About Big Data In Security Analysis
By The Numbers
Over 68 percent of organizations today encrypt at least some of their databases, but that means that over a fifth of them do not encrypt at all and 9 percent don't know whether they encrypt.
Source: 2012 Independent Oracle Users Group Data Security Survey Report
Around the Web
- Hackers Crack Major Data Firms, Sell Info to ID Thieves, Says Report
- IE Zero-Day Vulnerability Exploited More Widely Than Previously Thought
- Healthcare Data Breach Information Is The 'New Oil'
- Anonymous Targets Genocide In Burma: Operation Rohingya
- Beware! Anonymous Has Become The Hello Kitty Of Hacktivism
Free Research and Reports
- Forrester Study: The Total Economic Impact of VMware View
- Securing Executives and Highly Sensitive Documents of Corporations Globally
- Operating in the Cloud with Confidence
- The BYOD Opportunity: Say "Yes" to Device Diversity and Enable New Ways to Drive Productivity
- Social Media and Compliance: Overview for Regulated Organizations