Tech Center Compliance
Dark Reading's Compliance Tech Center is your portal to all the news, guidelines, product information, technical recommendations, and other information related to the topic of security and industry/regulatory compliance. Written for those who manage compliance programs as well as security and IT professionals, the Compliance Tech Center is a single community dedicated to the discussion of security issues as they relate to compliance with common regulations, including PCI DSS, HIPAA, SOX, FFIEC, GLBA, NERC, FISMA, and other industry/regulatory standards.
New report to President Obama says feds 'rarely follow' security best practices
New data culled from real-world branded social media accounts shows cybercriminals' obsession with going social
PCI 3.0 changes focus on compliance as a business-as-usual process, rather than a snapshot
GRC Vendor LockPath offers whistleblower portal to let users anonymously report complaints, security violations
To move forward, security pros need to break old thinking, (ISC)2 Congress panel says
- Stuxnet Expert Proposes New Framework For ICS/SCADA Security
- New Congressional Report Illuminates Attackers' Focus On Electric Grid
- Mapping Compliance Proof To Risk-Based Controls
- Learning From Auditor War Stories
- Can We Cease Check-Box Compliance?
By The Numbers
How Enterprises Allocate Compliance Resources
Among the myriad of compliance initiatives enterprise IT must engage in, HIPAA, SOX and PCI-DSS garner the lion share of compliance resources.
Source: InformationWeek 2012 Regulatory Compliance Survey
Around the Web
- Standardizing PCI Compliance Assessments
- GAO: Mixed results thus far implementing FISMA
- Shifting From Compliance-Based IT Security To A Risk-Based Model
- Financial Marketers Slam Proposed Social Media Regs
- PCI DSS: The Next Generation