Encrypted USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure Features Built-In Touchpad
Encrypted USB 3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure allows users to keep sensitive or confidential data securely protected from unauthorized users
Lockbourne, OH – StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts has announced the release of an Encrypted USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive Enclosure (S2510BU3PW), which features a built-in touchpad that enables users to secure the contents of a 2.5" SATA hard drive/SSD quickly and easily. The secured drive enclosure is compatible with Windows®, Mac® OS and Linux® based computers, and supports full USB 3.0 data transfer speeds when connected to a host computer with USB 3.0 support.
"Executives, business travelers, and government employees can feel more comfortable knowing that their important data is secure and private, while traveling or moving back and forth between offices" said Carey Cline, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com's Hard Drive Accessories product line. "This drive enclosure makes it very easy to protect confidential data, which is becoming increasingly important for many users. Through touchpad security it simplifies password encryption, which is a major convenience not only from a security standpoint, but also for peace of mind".
More Security Insights
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service
- Four Ways to Modernize Your Application Performance Monitoring Strategy for Web 2.0 and AJAX
- Solving Big Data Challenges with Simplicity & Speed
- Optimize Your SQL Environment for Performance & Flexibility
Features of the S2510BU3PW Encrypted Portable Hard Drive Enclosure include:
· Real time 256-bit AES hardware encryption
· High speed 32-bit ARM-based controller
· Support for 2.5" form factor SATA hard drives and SSDs (up to 9.5mm in height)
· Hard drive temperature reporting on most HDD/SSD
· Usage timer
· USB-powered, includes USB to DC Adapter Cable
· Operating system support: Windows® 2000, Windows XP®(32/64-bit), Windows Server® 2003 (32/64-bit)/ 2008 R2/ 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Vista (32/64-bit), Windows® 7 (32/64-bit)Mac OS® X, and Linux®
The Encrypted USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive Enclosure (S2510BU3PW) is available for purchase from leading technology resellers including CDW, Newegg.com, Amazon.com, PC Connection, and Insight and will also be distributed by Ingram Micro, Tech Data, D&H, SYNNEX and ASI. MSRP for this product is $116.99 (USD) in the United States and $119.99 (CDN) in Canada.
For more information about this announcement, please contact Andrew Stephen at 1-800-265-1844 ext. 1248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Windows® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Mac® and Mac OS® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
StarTech.com is an ISO 9001:2000 Registered manufacturer of hard-to find connectivity parts including A/V products, computer parts, cables and server management solutions. Founded in 1985, StarTech.com has locations in the United States, Canada, The United Kingdom, Europe and Taiwan, servicing a worldwide market.