Dell Reaches Agreement To Acquire Credant
Credant secures more than 2 million endpoints with customers in a variety of industries
ROUND ROCK, Texas, Dec. 18, 2012 – Dell today announced it has reached an agreement to acquire Credant Technologies, an industry-leading provider of data protection solutions to control, manage and secure data sent from endpoints to servers, storage and the cloud. The addition of Credant technology strengthens Dell's computing solutions and improves the manageability, reliability and security engineered into its enterprise computing portfolio.
Credant technology is a simple, comprehensive and transparent solution that is easy to deploy and protects data across its full lifecycle. Credant protects and encrypts user and corporate data – from PC to mobile to cloud – and works with enterprises' existing systems management processes. Further, the technology supports multiple mobile operating systems allowing companies to confidently embrace the growing "bring your own device" movement.
More Security Insights
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service
- Four Ways to Modernize Your Application Performance Monitoring Strategy for Web 2.0 and AJAX
- Solving Big Data Challenges with Simplicity & Speed
- Optimize Your SQL Environment for Performance & Flexibility
Credant secures more than 2 million endpoints with customers in a variety of industries including, Aerospace and Defense, Energy, Financial Services, Universities, Public Sector, Drugs and Healthcare, Retail and Consumer, and Telecommunications, IT and Media.
· Simplified Security Management. Single console for full end user ecosystem PC, tablets, external media, mobile devices and public clouds.
· Lower cost of PC lifecycle maintenance for encrypted machines. Works seamlessly with existing IT tools and processes. Data-centric approach to encryption doesn't interfere with existing IT maintenance tools like patch management, application updating or password recovery.
· Flexible data protection. Protects wherever data goes from smart phone to the cloud including core PC device data, largest variety of removable media, self-encrypting drives, MS BitLocker clients, mobile devices and end user data in the cloud.
· Ease in deployment and provisioning. Provision users up to 5.5x faster than competitive solutions – saving more than three hours per PC. Remotely manage end point encryption and authentication policies from single console.
· High levels of security and protection. The Dell Hardware Encryption Accelerator solution equips end-user systems with military-grade protection. It also reaches the highest level of U.S. Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) certification for endpoint disk encryption commercially available, 140-2 Level 3.
Dell has taken significant steps over the past three years to expand its security portfolio to offer customers a complete range of world-class security solutions. Today, Dell delivers comprehensive solutions to help customers identify the appropriate technologies and services to manage risk, regardless of the resources available to manage security. Dell's security services and solutions enable organizations of all sizes to protect their IT assets, comply with regulations and reduce security costs.
Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
"In today's work environment data is always in-flight -- from work being done on a local PC, being sent via email, stored on a USB drive and saved in the cloud. Each one of those experiences represents a potential security risk. As a result, businesses need a data protection strategy that is comprehensive, flexible and easy to deploy," said Jeff Clarke, president, End User Computing Solutions at Dell. "The Credant assets will complement and extend current Dell device security features to make Dell Latitude, OptiPlex and Dell Precision computers among the world's most secure. When combined with the change in compute behaviors and data in-flight, Dell can now offer a differentiated security proposition based on its own intellectual property."
"Protecting critical information has only become more important as organizations globally struggle to protect their data in an ever more complex world," said Bob Heard, chief executive officer and founder of Credant. "This combination allows Credant to bring its deep capabilities in data security to Dell's robust solution set and customer base. Together, we will continue to focus on innovation and building value that result in beneficial outcomes for our customers."
Credant was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Addison, Texas. Dell has a long-standing joint development partnership and OEM agreement with Credant and uses its technology in its Dell Data Protection|Encryption solution.
Dell Inc. (NASDAQ: DELL) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more. For more information, visit www.dell.com.
Dell, Latitude, OptiPlex and Dell Precision are trademarks of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.