Tech Center Authentication
Dark Reading's Authentication Tech Center is your portal to all the news, product information, technical data, and other information related to the topic of computer user authentication and certification. Written for executives and businesspeople as well as security and IT professionals, the AuthenticationTech Center is a single community dedicated to a single idea: ensuring that computer users are who they say they are.
Identify Security Software Inc. will launch next week and preview new technology that eschews passwords and biometrics
Phone will be second means of verifying user identity, Twitter says
After years of relying on passwords, technology vendors -- and enterprises -- are ready for new methods of proving user identity.
New Ponemon Institute study shows disillusionment and problems with passwords in online transactions
Bug wouldn't have been blocked by Apple's new two-factor iTunes authentication due to system's three-day waiting period
- Good News From Google: Account Hijacking Down
- Tech Insight: New CA Group Has Big Names, Small Impact
- Major Certificate Authorities Unite In The Name Of SSL Security
- Symantec/VeriSign Expands Encryption Options For SSL Digital Certificates
- New Security Industry Alliance, Startup Company Promise Revolution In Authentication
By The Numbers
Certificates The Biggest Authenticator
Certificates still outpace other authenticators within the enterprise. Meanwhile, in spite of technological improvements, biometrics is still used by less than a quarter of organizations.
Around the Web
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Discover the opportunities and challenges associated with mobile retail - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical information on how to develop your organization's mobile commerce application - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Get practical strategies to build a solid plan for profitability and success - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
Dark Reading Digital Magazine
In This Issue
- Endpoint Security: End user security requires layers of tools and training as employees use more devices and apps.
- Security Isn't A Piece Of Cake: It's time we rethink the conventional wisdom about security layering.
- BYOD Is Here To Stay: Trying to keep employees' devices off the network is futile.