Ten Big Breaches In 2011
No one was immune: not social networks, not financial institutions, and not even security firms
March 15, 2011: Comodo
What happened: An attacker stole the username and password belonging to a Comodo trusted partner and used the credentials to register nine SSL certificates for seven high-value domains, including Google, Skype, and Yahoo. An Iranian hacker takes credit for the attack -- and a later attack on DigiNotar -- on Pastebin.
Losses: Nine certificates for high-quality domains and the unquestioning trust that many users had in the system of certificate authorities.
Free Research and Reports
- Forrester Study: The Total Economic Impact of VMware View
- Securing Executives and Highly Sensitive Documents of Corporations Globally
- Industrialization of Business Operations in the Insurance Industry
- The CIO's New Role: Core Strategy Enabler CIO Barometer 2013
- Five reasons why the right BI is like the right partner