Tech Center Attacks and Breaches
Dark Reading's Attacks and Breaches Tech Center is your destination for breaking news and information about the latest cyber attacks and compromises affecting today's enterprises. Written for IT security professionals, the Attacks and Breachess Tech Center is designed to provide in-depth information on the latest and most critical exploits and details on how major breaches occur - and how your organization can learn from them.
The hosting company behind CyberBunker, the company allegedly behind the DDOS attacks on Spamhaus, connects to the Internet through other providers. Perhaps the only way to pressure those responsible for the attacks is to put pressure on the upstream providers.
Telecom firm TerraComm seeks to sue Scripps-Howard journalists for Google searches that uncovered sensitive info freely available online
Regular attack attempts on electricity providers, malware infections threatening the power grid
Attackers were after U.S. government surveillance requests for undercover Chinese operatives, say former government officials.
A firewall, patch procedure, anti-malware and, possibly, an IDS are a good start. But to detect breaches, small and medium businesses should focus on logging activity and looking out for suspicious behavior
Operation Hangover signals new franchise model in cyberespionage with cyberspying services for hire
- Pakistan Hit By Targeted Attack Out Of India
- Pushdo Botnet Morphs To Elude Hunters
- LulzSec Hackers Get Prison Time in U.K. For Cyberattacks
- Internet Crime Cost Consumers More Than A Half-Billion Dollars Last Year
- New Algorithm Lets SCADA Devices Detect, Deflect Attacks
By The Numbers
Targeted Malware Top Server Security Concern
52 percent of IT security pros say targeted malware is their top server security concern--up 15 percent from 2011.
Around the Web
Free Research and Reports
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- The Language of UX: Beyond Buzzwords -
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- The E2 Social Business Leaders - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- The A-to-Z of Building Your Big Data Initiative - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston