Panda Security Launches Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced 6.50 Beta
New version includes URL filtering and anti-exploit technologies
Bracknell, January 29th, 2013:
Panda Security, The Cloud Security Company, today announced the beta release of version 6.50 of Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced, the first cloud-based endpoint security solution with protection for Exchange Server.
More Security Insights
- Forrester Study: The Total Economic Impact of VMware View
- Securing Executives and Highly Sensitive Documents of Corporations Globally
- Top Big Data Security Tips and Ultimate Protection for Enterprise Data
- Smarter Process: Five Ways to Make Your Day-to-Day Operations Better, Faster and More Measurable
Main new features of Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced 6.50 beta:
· URL filtering: Improved proactive detection for even better protection. The solution's technology and reporting capabilities allow deeper visibility into end-user Internet activity and productivity. In addition, it enables administrators to create URL blacklists and whitelists, and blocks access to URLs belonging to prohibited categories, such as sports, sex, gaming, etc.
· Anti-exploit technology: Detects and neutralizes malware that exploits 0-day vulnerabilities to infect the PC. This technology leverages Panda's Collective Technology to block Blackhole and Redkit exploit malware by analyzing its behavior. This way, the solution is capable of detecting new malware variants even before they have been identified.
· Compatible with Exchange Server 2013: The beta release is compatible with the new messaging platform Exchange Server 2013, as well as with Microsoft's new operating system Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) and Windows 2012 Server.
Along with the release of the beta, Panda also announced the launch of a competition to reward its beta testers. The ten users suggesting the most helpful improvements to Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced will each receive a $100 Amazon.com gift certificate. The beta can be downloaded for free at: http://www.pandasecurity.com/promotions/betatest/pcop.
Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced, which was launched last June, features Exchange Server protection that scans all inbound and outbound email regardless of the protocol used. Additionally, the software has an intelligent mailbox scanner that optimizes server resource usage, and incorporates anti-spam protection and Device Control technologies designed to prevent the spread of malware through the improper use of external devices. The service also includes Malware Freezer, a module that 'freezes' detected malware for seven days by placing it in quarantine. This tool ensures system stability, restoring false positive files.
For more information about Panda Cloud Office Protection Advanced, please visit: http://www.pandasecurity.com/uk/enterprise/solutions/
About Panda Security
Founded in 1990, Panda Security is the world's leading provider of cloud-based security solutions, with products available in more than 23 languages and millions of users located in 195 countries around the World. Panda Security was the first IT security company to harness the power of cloud computing with its Collective Intelligence technology. This innovative security model can automatically analyze and classify thousands of new malware samples every day, guaranteeing corporate customers and home users the most effective protection against Internet threats with minimum impact on system performance. Panda Security has 61 offices throughout the globe with US headquarters in Florida and European headquarters in Spain.
Panda Security collaborates with Special Olympics, WWF and Invest for Children as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
For more information, visit http://www.pandasecurity.com/ or our press site http://press.pandasecurity.com/.