HP Fortify Static Code Analyzer 4.0 Speeds Software Security Assessment By 10 Times
New solution also reduces false positives by 20 percent over previous versions of the product
PALO ALTO, Calif. -- HP today announced HP Fortify Static Code Analyzer (SCA) 4.0, delivering a new approach that enables organizations to assess the security of software up to 10 times faster than previous versions of the solution through more accurate and parallelized static application security testing.(1)
The explosive growth in new cloud and mobile technologies has significantly increased the demand for new software development. This in turn has put a strain on many organizations' ability to do thorough security testing prior to application deployment. As a result, secure development practices have declined, decreasing the effectiveness of software vulnerability discovery. From 2011 to 2012, the total vulnerabilities disclosed increased by 19%,(2)and in a 2012 application survey, 99% of the applications tested had one or more serious security vulnerabilities.(3) Further, in the last five years, mobile application vulnerability disclosures have increased almost 800%.(2)
More Security Insights
- Forrester Study: The Total Economic Impact of VMware View
- Securing Executives and Highly Sensitive Documents of Corporations Globally
- Top Big Data Security Tips and Ultimate Protection for Enterprise Data
- Smarter Process: Five Ways to Make Your Day-to-Day Operations Better, Faster and More Measurable
"Software security vulnerabilities are becoming more prevalent as the demand to support new technology needs escalates," said Mike Armistead, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Security Products, Fortify, HP. "A holistic approach to software security is imperative, and with the HP Fortify portfolio, organizations have the ability to assess vulnerabilities across all of their software, assure security flaws are resolved before deployment, and protect applications from attacks once in production."
Building on HP Fortify's flagship offering, HP Fortify SCA 4.0 delivers a new approach to improving overall scan performance with heightened precision to support faster vulnerability detection and resolution. This approach enables the analysis of multiple software application threads in parallel to enable:
· Ten times faster scans and reduced false positives by 20% over previous versions of the product, enabling organizations to evaluate more software at a quicker pace and with improved results.(1)
· Improved software security intelligence reports that equip IT departments with risk-ranked lists of issues for mobile, web, client and server applications, ensuring the timely resolution of high-priority vulnerabilities.
· Reduced application development time through more frequent security testing by enabling full application scanning without impacting development process.
· Flexible deployment options to fit any organization's business needs through either on-premises or on-demand access. HP Fortify SCA 4.0 is already powering faster, more accurate static application security assessments in the HP Fortify on Demand cloud-based application security-as-a-service solution.
HP was recognized as an IT leader in the Application Security Testing (AST) market by Gartner in the 2013 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing report.(4) By bringing together SPI Dynamic and Fortify Software, HP was instrumental in the creation of a combined category that includes both static and dynamic application security testing.
Additional information about HP Fortify listing as a leader in the 2013 Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing can be found at www.gartner.com/technology/reprints.do?id=1-1GTXLFB&ct=130703&st=sb.
HP Fortify SCA 4.0 will be available worldwide beginning September 2013.
HP's premier EMEA client event, HP Discover, takes place Dec. 10-12 in Barcelona, Spain.
HP's annual enterprise security event, HP Protect, will take place Sept. 16-19 in Washington, D.C.