Tech Center Application Security
Dark Reading's Application Security Tech Center offers breaking news and analysis on the latest threats, vulnerabilities, and new technological defenses for today's business applications. Written for security, IT, and business professionals, the Application Security Tech Center is designed to provide in-depth information and perspective on practices and technologies for securing and defending enterprise software, as well as breaking news on new threats that affect business and Web applications.
New Dark Reading subsite will offer news, analysis, and commentary on application security issues.
Libraries are easier to use than ever, but they're piling on more risk to the development process
Web apps are essential to your business -- and easy targets for hackers. Here are some tips for keeping them secure
Microsoft, among others, sees ISO application security standard as a way to spark widespread adoption of secure development programs
Free curriculum will help businesses build software security training programs in-house, SAFECode says
Is a defect a defect by any other name? Some testing advocates push for industry to stop segregating security from the rest of quality testing categories
- Websites Harbor Fewer Flaws, But Most Have At Least One Serious Vulnerability
- LivingSocial Says Cyberattack Puts Data Of 50 Million Customers At Risk
- How To Stop Making Excuses For Poor Application Security Testing
- Java's Security Renaissance Begins
- Taking Steps To Stop Software Sabotage
By The Numbers
App Sec Not A Team Effort
Among enterprises, fewer than a quarter of them would say that application security is a team effort between the security team, development team and QA team.
Source: InformationWeek 2012 Application Security Survey
Around the Web
Free Research and Reports
- BYOD into the Cloud: The Next Phase of Enterprise Mobility -
- Digital Disruption - E2 Conference Boston
- Information Streams - Going Beyond the Activity Stream - E2 Conference Boston
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The A-to-Z of Building Your Big Data Initiative - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston