Tech Center Application Security
Dark Reading's Application Security Tech Center offers breaking news and analysis on the latest threats, vulnerabilities, and new technological defenses for today's business applications. Written for security, IT, and business professionals, the Application Security Tech Center is designed to provide in-depth information and perspective on practices and technologies for securing and defending enterprise software, as well as breaking news on new threats that affect business and Web applications.
How a dangerous security flaw discovered in one of the most pervasive electronic medical record platforms in the U.S. was found and fixed before it could do damage
More than one-fifth contain older and less secure versions of open-source code, new study finds
FS-ISAC addresses potential dangers of insecure software components used by financial firms
Solid training of app developers can reduce vulnerabilities, Denim Group study says
Vulnerability in Chrome browser could enable attackers to collect data from history files, Identity Finder says
- Google Offers New Bounty Program For Securing Open-Source Software
- Getting To The Root Of Application Security Problems
- Execs, Technical Staff Don't See Eye To Eye In Secure Application Development Progress
- Can We End CSRF With Header-Based Browser Policies?
- Report: Google Play Store Infested With Adware
By The Numbers
Fewer than half of organizations have defined their application and security policies and requirements, either at the corporate level or as a part of development standard processes and procedures.
Source: Ponemon Institute, The State of Application Security report, 2013
Around the Web
- NASDAQ Fixes XSS 2 Weeks After Bug Reported
- Third-Party Apps Ripe Targets For Cybercriminals, Secunia Says
- Vulnerability Testing: A Security Health Check-Up For Mobile Apps
- Are Web Apps Highly Susceptible To Attack?
Products & Releases
- Forrester Study: The Total Economic Impact of VMware View
- Securing Executives and Highly Sensitive Documents of Corporations Globally
- Optimize your Virtualization Efforts with a Blade Infrastructure
- Defending Against Insider Threats in the “Snowden Era”
- Five reasons why the right BI is like the right partner