Tech Center Advanced Threats
Dark Reading's Advanced Threats Tech Center is your gateway to a deeper, more technical level of news and analysis on the newest and most sophisticated cybersecurity threats. Written for security and IT professionals, the Advanced Threats Tech Center is designed to provide in-depth information and perspective on next-generation attacks, exploits, and vulnerabilities, as well as recommendations on how to stop them.
Will a nations exploit developers become the potential targets of state-sponsored assassinations in the future, much like the nuclear scientists of the past century?
Operation Hangover signals new franchise model in cyberespionage with cyberspying services for hire
The malware universe is typically divided into targeted attacks and mass, opportunistic attacks, but a middle category -- mass customized malware -- poses a more serious threat for business
Embedded software prototype operates under the 'new normal' that many SCADA environments have already been breached
Once rare and sophisticated, the APT is now becoming a common attack. Is your organization ready?
China faces increasing political pressure from the U.S. to curb its cyberespionage activity, but legislation not certain
- Five Habits Of Highly Successful Malware
- Chinese Cyberespionage: Brazen, Prolific, And Persistent
- Possible Exploit Avenue Discovered For DarkLeech Web Server Attacks
- Time To Dump Antivirus As Endpoint Protection?
- 'Magic' Malware Uses Custom Protocol And A 'Magic Code' Handshake
By The Numbers
Flashback Trojan Hits U.S. Macs Hardest
The U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom accounted for about two-thirds of all Mac OS X systems infected with the Flashback Trojan, which used a flaw in Java to spread. Like Conficker, the attack used pseudo-random domain generation to connect back to command-and-control servers.
Around the Web
- How To Spoof Your Facebook App - Break Security
- How to hack an electric car-charging station
- Critical Linux vulnerability imperils users, even after “silent” fix
- Phoenix Exploit Kit Author Arrested In Russia? — Krebs on Security
- That Facebook Account Hijack Vulnerability Is Still Dangerous. Here's Why.
Free Research and Reports
- Big Data: Architecting Systems at Speed - E2 Conference Boston
- Delve into technologies and business issues around mobile payments and wallets - Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- Learn how to best integrate mobile commerce with your current systems -- Mobile Commerce World - Mobile Commerce World
- The A-to-Z of Building Your Big Data Initiative - E2 Conference Boston - E2 Conference Boston
- Evaluating Emerging Technologies for the Enterprise - E2 Conference Boston